Thread: Space invader

Space invader

Hi, all I have been out of the boating scene for some time now and had to downsize a bit to get back on the water but I'm having trouble trying to downsize my gear. Going from 5.3 to 4.8 is a shock. I was looking at replacing my seat boxes with eskies and hoping to have a bit more deck space. Has anyone done this with success and hopefully without the $1,500 price tag per seat I have seen so far? Appreciate the advice. Harry
    ​​​​​​​

Re: Space invader

Are you considering an insulated/esky seatbox or a seat attached to a pipe/rhs frame with an removeable esky underneath..?

Was looking at a back to front seat bolted to esky and stainless latches to hold esky to floor to lift out if necessary.Attachment 124299

Odie, your photo didn't show.

I am looking at building a seat box, to store gear etc.

Will put a pair of these on the box.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...MygAegUIARCgAQ

Just bought 2 of those seats at RTM late this arvo and 2 eskys from BCF so will see how that goes.

That was quick.

If you get a chance, I would be interested in the dimensions - width as well as front to back.

I presume, as you have purchased a couple, that they appear to be fairly robust.

Thanks in advance.

You could call it 555mm square including the mechanism on the side. Pretty happy with the build quality but will need to road test that. This is how the setup looked at 5am when everyone else was sleeping .
    Attachment 124301

Not sure what happened there

Great, thanks Odie