Thread: What’s Alchemy worth?

What’s Alchemy worth?

Hi All,

I will be putting Alchemy on the market very soon and some of the prices I have seen for similar sized platies are surprisingly high. I realise it’s only worth what someone will pay, but given the current market and long lead times, I’d be interested in some feedback on what others think I might get for her. Alchemy was built by Origin in 2010, launched September. She is a true 7.5m hull, 23 degree dead rise, 5mm bottom, 500 litres of diesel, 100 of water, 2 x built in fridges with individual BD50 compressor units, approx 100 litres each, 2 x 130 watt solar panels, DCDC 40amp charger, 2 x 120AH AGM batteries. Lombardini 240hp turbo diesel and bravo 2 leg, both with around 540 hours. She hasn’t done much work over the last 6 yrs since leaving NQ. Trailer is an Origin alloy with torsion axles, stainless disks and calipers. The hull is in VGC, but has a few scrapes and a bit of bubbly paint. Electronics are Furuno FCV585 and Airmar SS164 transducer, plus a Garmin GPSMAP4010. Icom VHF, Glomex antenna, Fusion stereo etc.

She is a great boat and I will miss her, but I have gone bigger (moored) and can’t keep both, unfortunately. Here is a link to the original build story and pics. http://alchemyfishing.blogspot.com/p...00-diesel.html

Thanks,
    Dave.

Re: What’s Alchemy worth?

Howdy Dave...sounds like things are going well for you guys..

Yep crazy dollars now for boats..the diesel motor will limit your market somewhat but I'd be surprised if you dont get back what she owes you...

I'd put a high price on and see what offers come your way....

Hi Dave it will be a sad day when she goes but now looks like the time to sell I think the deisel is a atraction to a lot of peopel so i think Disorderly is spot onwith the pricing
    cheers COL

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Howdy Dave...sounds like things are going well for you guys..

Yep crazy dollars now for boats..the diesel motor will limit your market somewhat but I'd be surprised if you dont get back what she owes you...

I'd put a high price on and see what offers come your way....
    diesel engine very attractive IMHO. plenty out there with outboards but if you want to do extended trips or troll serious hours diesel is the go.
    I'd say high $100's
    what moored boat did u buy dave?

That boat will go for top dollar. Probably for more than what it owes you.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yep, anything Col Svennson has built will always fetch top dollar. One of the best Plate builders there is. Beautiful boat mate.
    Matilda

Agree on the diesel being a big drawcard for the boat. Lot of people keen on that set up but it is just so $$ to do from new. Looks like a great opportunity for someone to pick up a top boat.

Thanks for the replies. If I get back what i paid for it then that is a very good outcome. Anything above would be a bonus. I’ll put an ad up on boat point and see how I go. Once I sell the boat my 04 F250 is next and the combined sales should cover the costs of my new boat, likely see me ahead. Pretty good outcome really.

Thanks,
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by myusernam View Post
    diesel engine very attractive IMHO. plenty out there with outboards but if you want to do extended trips or troll serious hours diesel is the go.
    I'd say high $100's
    what moored boat did u buy dave?
    The new boat is a 2000 10.4m Jarkan power cat, 4.6 beam, twin 140hp Yanmar driving shafts. It is a massive upgrade in comfort and space and ideal for my young boys and us. Even the dog seems to like it. I’m going to spend the next 12 months using it on the bay and getting used to it. I hope to take it up to the reef for school holidays after that. It needs a bit of cosmetic work, but overall it seems to go well. It was down in Tassie, and the delivery skipper didn’t have any issues on the run north, so I’m fairly confident she is a capable offshore boat. Long, long term is retirement and months away cruising the Qld coast, but that is a long way off.

Give Col a ring and ask him for a ballpark quote to replace Alchemy today?

Where's the cat pics?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Damn that is nice, well done. Would make touring very comfortable.
    Cheers
    Corry

How did you go Dave..?

Manage to figure out a valuation yet...

I saw this pop up today ..thought it might give you give you an idea of price expectations...

pp2.jpg PP deisal.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    How did you go Dave..?

Manage to figure out a valuation yet...

I saw this pop up today ..thought it might give you give you an idea of price expectations...

pp2.jpg PP deisal.jpg
    Thanks Scott. I put an ad on boat point a week ago at $165k and saw this one at that time. Since then a nice Riptide has also gone up. All are quite a bit dearer than mine, so I’ll just wait and see what happens.