Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boats motors trailers and Covid inflation

Re: Boats motors trailers and Covid inflation

I am needing to purchase a large amount of electronics and equipment for my project and prices are well up. May sit it out and wait till things become a little more stable. Certainly no deals at present and end of financial year deals just didn't happen for what I am after.

It's the same with anything in demand at the moment. One of the guys at work is building a new steel frame house - slab goes down in the next week or so but they can't get the frame until November apparently. His build supervisor has said in 30 years he has never seen anything like it.

We have almost reached the tipping point of work being done in Australia now.
    Last October I was paying $1800/tonne for 25nb medium steel pipe, this months price is $3200/tonne, add 14% to that price in August, then another 18% in September....i.e $28.19 / length in Ocotber 2020, today $50.13 / length, August $57.14 / length and October is $67.43 / length. (all plus GST)
    Steel fabrication will dry up at those rates very quickly.
    Jack.

I have a 15x9m shed 5.3 at peak and the neighbour just bought a 10x6 shed for 20 percent more then what I paid 5 years ago
    so roughly double the steel cost

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I'm really hoping the V6 quickly becomes considered the best diesel they ever made.
    Somehow I doubt it - Toyota's reputation has floundered over the past decade & half ..... with most of their range being underdeveloped & underwhelming .
    They have lived off past glories with their "unbreakable Hilux" & the old 100 series Landcruiser . ..... In recent years they have produced a range of cars that have just sucked .... Hilux , Fortuner & Prado among them ....... not uncommon to follow a 3 YO toyota blowing black smoke.

But hey the Toyota fanboys will still throw wads of cash at the brand

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I am involved in selling a variety of polymers (plastic) to various manufacturers
    Since Nov 2020 I've seen various grades of polyamide (nylon) increase by up to 60% on the back of plant shutdowns & raw material availability ...... availability of some grades are down by 30-40% & if you want an allocation , you'll need to pay x + xx - shipping prices have tripled from some destinations & lead times have extended by 1-2 months due to the lack of availability of 40ft containers & the latest one .... wooden pallets

It's a absolute nightmare

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Somehow I doubt it - Toyota's reputation has floundered over the past decade & half ..... with most of their range being underdeveloped & underwhelming .
    They have lived off past glories with their "unbreakable Hilux" & the old 100 series Landcruiser . ..... In recent years they have produced a range of cars that have just sucked .... Hilux , Fortuner & Prado among them ....... not uncommon to follow a 3 YO toyota blowing black smoke.

Chris
    I’m one of those happy Toyota “fanboys” Chris,

Only because looking at secondhand prices at the moment , I’d probably get back what I paid for my 2010 76 series Cruiser back then..….
    No way would I pay what they are asking for, but happy that others are……
    Matilda

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    I’m one of those happy Toyota “fanboys” Chris,
    Only because looking at secondhand prices, I’d probably get back what I paid for my 2010 76 series Cruiser….浪
    No way would I pay what they are asking for, but happy that others are.
    I knew they were out there "Toyota fanboys" ......

Over rated & over priced - that's what you get from Toyota ........ & I still cant understand how the Hilux with all its problems is the highest selling vehicle - I'm guessing blinkers are also handed out along with masks

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Generally Toyota will service cheaply and are good with warranty even out of warranty
    not what I’ve found with other brands

How much to do up the injector pump ? Seals O rings and the like I guess?

Just had my 4.2 Patrol VE injector pump done hence the interest.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Chris
    oh don’t worry. I won’t be buying one. Just want to have a laugh at the fan boys spending 20-50k over new prices for used Landcruisers
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    How much to do up the injector pump ? Seals O rings and the like I guess?

Just had my 4.2 Patrol VE injector pump done hence the interest.

Cheers
    Chimo
    Pump is about 3 grand plus labour. I've had a bit of a win and they think it is just a cracked hard line from the pump to the injector. New hard lines on way.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    oh don’t worry. I won’t be buying one. Just want to have a laugh at the fan boys spending 20-50k over new prices for used Landcruisers
    Mate ...... to see someone pay $35,000 for a 100 series with over 500,000 km on the clock is simply nuts .......

I dont care how good a car is ...... at 500,000 km a car is past it's use by date & only a matter of time before things go bang ...... add to that a car that is probably been used for towing , offroad etc - only a complete idiot would go & pay $35,000

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mate ...... to see someone pay $35,000 for a 100 series with over 500,000 km on the clock is simply nuts .......

I dont care how good a car is ...... at 500,000 km a car is past it's use by date & only a matter of time before things go bang ...... add to that a car that is probably been used for towing , offroad etc - only a complete idiot would go & pay $35,000

Chris
    Same as anyone buying a overrated pie tin like a Barcrusher Chris……. Plenty of “fanboys” love them too… Ha,Ha Toyota haters, got to love em…..

Disclaimer, I have owned a Barcrusher and just taking the p*ss. Cool boats as are Toyota’s…..
    Matilda

Yes COVID pricing is ridiculous. I’ve a 2005 Nissan Patrol STS 4.2TD. I paid $42k in 2008 with 17k on the clock. Today it has about 260k, decked out for travelling and in very good condition IMHO

I just looked on Carsales and there is an identical vehicle (2006) with 224k for $54,990, and I believe my vehicle has more going for it than this one.

Prices have absolutely gone nuts.

I’m in the market for a couple of things, but I’ll wait for pricing to get back near normal. Hopefully

Take care all and get the jab

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums