Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boats motors trailers and Covid inflation

Boats motors trailers and Covid inflation

So I priced a new trailer up for the renegade as the old one is borderline legal weight wise
    18 months ago I got a quote for $3200 inc rego
    today’s pricing for the exact same thing from the same dealer $4500

and I’ve notice outboards have gone crazy too a 50 hp yamaha I paid 6500 for now pushing 9k plus

material prices, lack of supply increase demand people having access to 20k of their super is the reason why I guess

Re: Boats motors trailers and Covid inflation

I guess it's just supply and demand, timber prices and availability are the same, you want it, someone has it, you pay...or don't have it.

This is what happens when a government pumps billions into an economy. House prices can go up 25% also and The RBA will still tell us inflation is 1.9%
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

The amount of people I know who pulled 10k out of theirs and the wife’s super is nuts as well

no matter what currency or inflation does prices never self correct back downwards

wasn’t a complaint just a observation about the current pricing, will have just have to bite the bullet and order the trailer

This is my COVID inflation story for today.

I am getting some injector/fuel pump work done on my 100 series Crusier. The bloke at the Diesel place gives me a quote which I accept. Then in passing I say "What else am I going to do I couldn't afford to replace it anyway". The mechanic replies "Your 100 series is the most valuable it has been in 10 years". So I head onto car sales and sure enough 20 year old crusiers exactly like mine are listed at 50 grand. Might need to speak to the insurance bloke as I have an agreed value at 30.

My regular mechanic was doing a roadworthy for a 3 year old 200 series when I was there. Was being sold for $120 grand. Didn't even cost quite that new.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post

I am getting some injector/fuel pump work done on my 100 series Crusier. The bloke at the Diesel place gives me a quote which I accept. Then in passing I say "What else am I going to do I couldn't afford to replace it anyway". The mechanic replies "Your 100 series is the most valuable it has been in 10 years". So I head onto car sales and sure enough 20 year old crusiers exactly like mine are listed at 50 grand. Might need to speak to the insurance bloke as I have an agreed value at 30.

My regular mechanic was doing a roadworthy for a 3 year old 200 series when I was there. Was being sold for $120 grand. Didn't even cost quite that new.

Matt
    Not saying these vehicles arent worth that on the market, but no way i would pay rediculous ammounts like that.

yep, been looking at upgrading and downgrading my boats to only having one boat and the second hand ones which 4 or 5 years old are selling for the price of new ones as well as the gear the electronics they have which is also 5 years old. To get a new one the supplier when asked 2 months ago could have one built for me in October this year, then it blew out to February next year now its November 2022. Don't want to ask them now.

Quote Originally Posted by ben475 View Post
    Not saying these vehicles arent worth that on the market, but no way i would pay rediculous ammounts like that.
    Yeah too rich for my blood. I'll put the old girl back together and keep on rolling

Matt
    There are a lot of rusted on Toyota fans who are paying the big money to get the V8 rather than the new V6

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    There are a lot of rusted on Toyota fans who are paying the big money to get the V8 rather than the new V6

Chris
    I'm really hoping the V6 quickly becomes considered the best diesel they ever made.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

This Covid lock down shit has pissed me off, I need a new roller door on my back garage, can't do for another 4 weeks, got some concrete work prepared, ready to pour last week, can't do for another 4 weeks, got some rendering half done, can't finish for 4 weeks, need a plumber, can't come for 4 weeks, got a Ute load of bricks to go to the recyclers, closed for 4 weeks, a painter was coming around to look at some work, guess what? 4 weeks........prices going up is the least of my worries at the moment.

Matt
    I’ve seen them on market place for 140k it’s bloody bizarre . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    This Covid lock down shit has pissed me off, I need a new roller door on my back garage, can't do for another 4 weeks, got some concrete work prepared, ready to pour last week, can't do for another 4 weeks, got some rendering half done, can't finish for 4 weeks, need a plumber, can't come for 4 weeks, got a Ute load of bricks to go to the recyclers, closed for 4 weeks, a painter was coming around to look at some work, guess what? 4 weeks........prices going up is the least of my worries at the moment.
    I hope you people are able to get back out in 4 weeks.

been scoping out the second hand market for a little boat to get me thru the summer as my project is stalled ,,,, surprisingly the alloy boat prices have shot high up and also starting to notice boat adds reading "due to the lockdowns" have to sell so two extremes going on

Maybe they are selling now, while the price is high, will re-buy in a few years. Probably be able to buy two for the price of one.