Thread: MK Ulterra

Ausfish Platinum Member

MK Ulterra

Been thinking about upgrading to the Ulterra, I remember when they first come out there were a few issues with them experienced, is that still the case or are they all sorted now and a great thing to get?
    Cheers
    Corry

Re: MK Ulterra

I havent had one......auto deploy is a great idea but its just one more thing to go wrong and mess up your fishing trip and probably the next few as well as they wait for new parts to come from O/S.....

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I havent had one......auto deploy is a great idea but its just one more thing to go wrong and mess up your fishing trip and probably the next few as well as they wait for new parts to come from O/S.....
    Yep , that's why I didn't go with the Ulterra ........ just another thing to go wrong

If you have a cabin type of boat ..... it's awesome & takes the pain out of deploying a MK

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Yep , that's why I didn't go with the Ulterra ........ just another thing to go wrong

If you have a cabin type of boat ..... it's awesome & takes the pain out of deploying a MK

Chris
    New stock supposedly fixed the issues, mostly due to salt water ingress as they were designed for lake use in the States rather than offshore as we do here. I have a mate who just had to keep taking it back as it would fail to deploy as well as other issues on every trip, eventually got it replaced and only had it back once this year.

Ausfish Platinum Member

So there still seems to be some issues with them, not sure to wait a while longer or just keep with manual deployment.
    It's more the motorised up and down I'm chasing for when chasing live bait or working our way out of shallow areas, find it a pain to adjust the depth with our current one.
    Cheers
    Corry

Had mine since 2016 been faultless use it twice a week in fresh water only.