Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Great Dingo debate.

Re: The Great Dingo debate.

A friend of mine that lived up Rainbow Beach way had a female staffy about 8 months old. She was in her first heat when a male dingo came calling. Chased it across the road into the bush and couldn’t be called back. She came back home several hours later with her white chest drenched in blood. Wouldn’t have thought a young staffy would react like that.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Using poisons like 1080 is very inefficient and the dogs do avoid the baits.
    Some will die...maybe 10% of the population, 30% will recover having not injested a lethal dose....these survivors are the trainers of pups to avoid future baits.

Good trappers are overall the best strategy if they are given free reign.

Dogs and dingoes soon learn to avoid anything associated with gun shots....you get maybe two chances at a free roaming dog with a rifle until he learns you carry the gun.

Excessive hunting with guns creates a more wary target that will in most cases be almost impossible to shoot.

I have spent many years of vermin control on farms, including dogs and there is no other animal in Australia that learns faster and remembers longer than a dingo / wild dog.

The only other method than trapping that is highly effective is also highly illegal, but it's results are astounding....it does not discriminate what it kills....one lick and it is over before they can walk 20 metres or get airborne. Just as well not many people know of this.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Some will die...maybe 10% of the population, 30% will recover having not injested a lethal dose....these survivors are the trainers of pups to avoid future baits.

Dogs and dingoes soon learn to avoid anything associated with gun shots....you get maybe two chances at a free roaming dog with a rifle until he learns you carry the gun.

Excessive hunting with guns creates a more wary target that will in most cases be almost impossible to shoot.

I have spent many years of vermin control on farms, including dogs and there is no other animal in Australia that learns faster and remembers longer than a dingo / wild dog.

The only other method than trapping that is highly effective is also highly illegal, but it's results are astounding....it does not discriminate what it kills....one lick and it is over before they can walk 20 metres or get airborne. Just as well not many people know of this.
    Jack, you've probably sent everybody off on a googling exercise
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Jack, you've probably sent everybody off on a googling exercise
    I bet they have, they will not find anything much online though.
    It has been removed from all uses now in Australia and most of the world.....it was once a very common commercial compound.
    1cc would bait and kills hundreds of animals.
    Jack.

i’d love to know his method too. Widespread use of silencers should be allowed for all hunters. Makes a huge difference especially with .22’s and sub sonic centre fire cartridges. For this reason and even safety purposes. Absolutely no good reason they’re restricted.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    i’d love to know his method too. Widespread use of silencers should be allowed for all hunters. Makes a huge difference especially with .22’s and sub sonic centre fire cartridges. For this reason and even safety purposes. Absolutely no good reason they’re restricted.
    I’m guessing Strychnine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    I’m guessing Strychnine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dozens of times more potent than Strychnine.
    Jack.

West End Lager....I used to think XXXX was bad.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Folodol (spelling)

And strychnine is still legal in some states e.g. WA
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

lucijet. very lethal.