Thread: Suzuki DF 140 tilt trim problem

Suzuki DF 140 tilt trim problem

When launching and retrieving and using a boat catch type arrangement I need to give the throttle a nudge and this is where the problem shows up.
    I raise the outboard up past the trim stage and not to much, just enough to clear the ramp with the skeg, then with some throttle the engine drops to past the trim stage and almost upright, this happens quickly.
    I think there is a safety system that stops the operator giving it the berries when in gear and prop high but I cant remember outboard acting in this extreme before.
    Bit of a nuisance cause a few times Ive hooked the skeg on the ramp launching and dragged it driving up.
    Thanks Mark

Re: Suzuki DF 140 tilt trim problem

I have the same motor - but it doesn't do that

If you go in deep enough there shouldn't be an issue

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Have you tried it just before you pass the trim stage, in my yammy I will trim it out and soon as goes past just notch it back in till it just engages the trim motors. That might stop what yours is doing. Try it out on the water first.

Thanks Dig
    Yes I will try what you suggest, I think Ive tried out on the water and the outboard dropped past trim stage to straight up and down if that makes sense, anyway I think we are allowed to play again in Vic and will test it again.

Bob, that doesn't make sense, possibly there is a hydraulic leak or there is a short or a cable has been damaged in the trim motor that is causing that to happen. How old is the motor.