Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good fishing spots in Durras North, South Coast NSW

Good fishing spots in Durras North, South Coast NSW

Hello All,

I have been fishing in Durras North for the past few months and would like to share location of some good fishing spots and also share some video reports.

The attached image shows some fishing spots on Durras North Beach. #1 is the best parking spot if you plan to fish from spots #2 and #4. #5 is the best parking spot when you plan to fish from spots #3 and #6. Note that #6 works best if you have a drone to get your bait past the surf. All other spots work well with manual casting too. Note that gutters and holes are dynamic so cast 10-20m on both sides of the shown spots.

Will start posting my video reports from Durras North after this post. Stay tuned...

Re: Good fishing spots in Durras North, South Coast NSW

As promised, here is my first video report from Durras North. I caught a 95cm Bronze Whaler Shark from the beach using my drone to drop the bait. This is at spot #2 as shown in the map on top of this thread. Have a look:

Here is the second video report from Durras North. This is at spot #2 as shown in the map on top of this thread.

Thanks for the report. How do you like the Aussie Salmon to eat?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Thanks for the report. How do you like the Aussie Salmon to eat?
    Lovey80 - I tried them once, many years ago.

I can say they’re not my cup of tea and will never try again

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Thanks mate.
    Aussie Salmon is not the finest eating fish but still I think that it is underrated as a table fish. As most of us fishos would know already, the key with Aussie Salmon is to bleed it well. One way of doing that is to dig a hole in sand and jam the Salmon in head down after slitting its throat. Here is a Salmon recipe I tried recently: https://www.recipeblog.info/2021/05/...ralian-salmon/

Thanks for your comment mate.
    Well, I live in Canberra but still manage to go fishing to South Coast several times per month when not prevented by COVID lockdowns.

Here is another video report from Durras North. This time tried rock fishing. The rocks here are safe and easy to fish from. This is at spot #3 as shown in the map on top of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KhalidMSyed View Post
    Hello All,

I have been fishing in Durras North for the past few months and would like to share location of some good fishing spots and also share some video reports.

The attached image shows some fishing spots on Durras North Beach. #1 is the best parking spot if you plan to fish from spots #2 and #4. #5 is the best parking spot when you plan to fish from spots #3 and #6. Note that #6 works best if you have a drone to get your bait past the surf. All other spots work well with manual casting too. Note that gutters and holes are dynamic so cast 10-20m on both sides of the shown spots.

Will start posting my video reports from Durras North after this post. Stay tuned...

Your spot marked #3, is not far from a spot I fish in my boat when I’m down at south Durras. Have picked up some pretty good snapper there over the years.

I’ve also caught some big reds around that reef area out from the opening to the lakes. Might be worth a cast in that area.

Good luck

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Thanks for sharing. Will try next time I am there.

Good stuff Khalid - nice part of the world that

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks mate.

Another rock fishing report from Durras North. This is at spot #3 as shown in the map on top of this thread.

Another fishing report from Durras North. This time from the beach. On this day a pod of Dolphins was cruising around and I was not expecting to catch anything but I guess Banjo Sharks are not bothered by Dolphins. This is at spot #6 as shown in the map on top of this thread.

Another rock fishing report from Durras North. Caught my first Wirrah Cod. This is at spot #3 as shown in the map on top of this thread.