Thread: 3 men drown off Wollongong

3 men drown off Wollongong

Pretty sad seeing this its like it happens all year round down south, the seas in one picture i seen were a good 3 meters and choppy, there boat was 4.6m or 4.7m f... stupid going offshore at night

https://7news-com-au.cdn.ampproject....gong-c-3305233

Re: 3 men drown off Wollongong

The swell is biggish, I don't think they went out at night, they didn't return from a day trip (as I understand it) EPIRB not activated, life jackets on board, but not worn (according to the local news) 2 washed off the rocks again as well, but someone picked them up.

Shit not good, more awareness needs to be done, inflaitable jackets are so cheap these days

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    The swell is biggish, I don't think they went out at night, they didn't return from a day trip (as I understand it) EPIRB not activated, life jackets on board, but not worn (according to the local news) 2 washed off the rocks again as well, but someone picked them up.
    Don't know Noel. One "news" source has them departing at 2pm with the alarm being raised at 6am.

Who knows with the news, the local news (who were onsite at the harbour) said they went out and when they didn't return, the Police were called, the time frame seems to be somewhat confusing, but regardless, it's lives lost and families grieving after a tragedy that may have been avoidable.

Yeah cold water temp too they would'nt have had much a chance, i think the person found on the beach may have tried to swim for help as he was found on the beach probably so close but so far

Very tragic, happens all the time on the South Coast

One report showed the rescue boat and the seas looked 3 meters and rough that is quiet a challenge for a 4.6m hull