Thread: Double island, Teewah, Rainbow Beach and Inskip

Double island, Teewah, Rainbow Beach and Inskip

Hey guys,

I am heading up the coast on Monday for a few days of solo fishing (land based)and not much else🙂

Has anyone on here done any night fishing at any of the above locations?
    Is it worthwhile for a bait fisho like myself? I was kinda hoping to hook a jewie or 2.

This may be a stupid question but I just want to be sure. (Please don't laugh&#128527.. I have been to Fraser before and QLD parks do not recommend being on the beach at night alone at night, due to the fact dingos are pack animals and they may see you as prey.. is it the same story with Teewah? Are there dingoes?

Any tips?

Does any one know of any good spots to throw a cast net for live bait?

Lastly is DI any good for rock fishing? I am reasonably experienced with rock fishing, I did it for many years when I lived in Sydney. (So I am very aware of safety precautions etc)

Any other insider info would be awesome thanks heaps!!

Mat.
    Last edited by iTopCati; 26-06-2021 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Added info

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Double island, Teewah, Rainbow Beach and Inskip

where are you staying Mat?

Stayed at Freshwater a few times over the years. Plenty of goannas but never saw any dingoes. A few ferals and the odd bush pig perhaps 😂. Caught whiting from the beach down the Noosa end but most times had the tinnie in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    where are you staying Mat?
    Sorry for the delayed response, I'm not camping this time... I'm staying in Tin Can Bay🙂

Thanks Scottar🙂

You can usually cast for Herring at Bullock Point boat ramp. Dont cast too close to the black pilons or you will end up with a net full of Haappy Moments. Try off the end
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Jew are where you find them...that can vary every 30 minutes.
    Pick a good gutter or rip and put in the hours.

If you are lucky you might hit on a good school of bait just before sunset....get your livies amongst that and you have a better than average chance.
    Jack.

I was at Rainbow, DI and Teewah today. The wind was howling and swell was pumping. Plenty of gutters along the 40 mile beach. Also spotted a few pippis whilst driving. They are good bait.
    The sth end of the headland does produce fish. There are a few high rocks to fish from, but it is very exposed to swell. The nth side of the headland is safer in the right conditions.
    I am sure there are dingoes in the area. Haven’t spotted many, but we see their tracks.

Thanks guys 👍. Appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Getout View Post
    I was at Rainbow, DI and Teewah today. The wind was howling and swell was pumping. Plenty of gutters along the 40 mile beach. Also spotted a few pippis whilst driving. They are good bait.
    The sth end of the headland does produce fish. There are a few high rocks to fish from, but it is very exposed to swell. The nth side of the headland is safer in the right conditions.
    I am sure there are dingoes in the area. Haven’t spotted many, but we see their tracks.
    I saw a couple of wild dogs on the beach, in the camping area, probably 15 years ago. They scarpered when they saw me, have never seen them since.

I wouldn't worry about them on Teewah, the dingoes on Fraser are used to looking for a feed from people and have different behaviours.