Thread: Bit of inshore/offshore

Bit of inshore/offshore

Late last night decided to run out into the Passage to chase some flat ones. Got up late but still managed to be on the water by 6:30am.
    Things were quiet, I only saw 2 mullet jumping, 3 stingrays, no other sign of bait or even any birds. Very unusual for the area I fished.
    I did get 4 keepers from 47 cm to 55 cm and did lose a very big one all between 8:30 and 9:15 am. No pics as nothing unusual to see.
    Got home, cleaned the fish and rang all my girl friends (many older widows who enjoy fresh fish) and got ready for a quiet afternoon.
    Just made a cup of coffee and my mate down the road said let's go chase some snaps ans sweeties just across the Caloundra bar. Pick up a different set of rods and head to his place. The bar was just about the bottom of the tide, with care after about 15mins watching we pushed out and still got a little wet. We found the spot we wanted in seas a bit higher than what we saw from shore 2 hours earlier but persevered with burley but with virtually no run we just couldn't raise the target species, I did get a reasonable red bass, 1st for me in that area. Headed home just in dusk and the bar crossing was very easy.
    The only highlight was the colours over Caloundra as it appeared there was burning off some where around Buderim and the sky was smoke laden.
    Still a good day.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210623_165948.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	124143  

Re: Bit of inshore/offshore

Bloody Red Bass down there as well..?
    Sam, it looked a bit lumpy out there, I think I would have stayed home and kept the girlfriends company..