Thread: East of Lookout

East of Lookout

Nice box of pretty colours from Sunday a couple of weekends ago - had been waiting on the pics from a mate.

Plan was to take a quick look for some snaps and tuskies prior to heading out for a deep drop to blood the electric alvey I built but no dice - pulled the pin courtesy of a bit of south westerly and stayed in closer. Another vessel did fish and went ok but he had another 7 feet on me and two skinny hulls and still reckoned the conditions were crap so I was happy with making the call.

The Snap was a new PB for me - pulled the scales down to 7kg which is not the biggest fish I have hooked ..........but the mate I handed the rod to after hooking a 9kg unit years ago wasn't about to hand it back . Caught on a slow pitch jig though makes up for the extra couple of kilos ....doesn't it??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trip with Dave.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	124138

Re: East of Lookout

Nice mate. Got a pic of the jig??
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Nice fish well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Nice mate. Got a pic of the jig??
    No Lovey. Jig is a Daiwa Kohga. Technically a kabura jig. Mainly run the chartreuse colour. They seem seem to go alright. Very easily fished as a second rod in the holder. I then fish a paternoster on the other rod for the tuskies and pearlies.

Top mixed bag Scottar. Well done. SS

Nice haul scott, well done mate.
    BTW, the anchor switch went again I think, can hear the click from the solenoid. Havent had a chance to pull out the switch yet. Boats...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Nice haul scott, well done mate.
    BTW, the anchor switch went again I think, can hear the click from the solenoid. Havent had a chance to pull out the switch yet. Boats...
    Check the connections on the solenoid are tight Sheik. If you can hear the solenoid clunk in, it's not the switch. Maybe pull the switch and plug the spare one in if you kept it and try it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Check the connections on the solenoid are tight Sheik. If you can hear the solenoid clunk in, it's not the switch. Maybe pull the switch and plug the spare one in if you kept it and try it.
    Yep. tried the new switch and just a clunk in the solenoid. I'll check those wires thanks mate.