Thread: It's that time of the year to pick up a deal

It's that time of the year to pick up a deal

A mate just picked up a nice 4.9m quintrex centre console, 55hp suzuki in really nice clean condition all on a trailer for $1150, mold over the hull but with a clean its a $7,000 boat, good score by my mates

Source was gumtree the boat sat on there for 3 days

Anyone know what model the 70's early 80's era CC 4.9M hull were?

Re: It's that time of the year to pick up a deal

I think the "Fish Raider" name was used for a long time.

Why this time of year. EOFY or winter?

Matt

Yeah it could be one of those Noel the pressed side lines unique to quintrex on this hull run from the bow right down to the transom its a skinny hull but very long it also has a full builtin splashwell not just the little tray, rego papers say hull make unknown

Short good bargain because of winter, if it were summer right now this boat would have sold for 5k+ in its moldy condition

I doubt it.
    Am looking around for a new boat at the moment.
    3-4yr wait on an amm
    12month wait cruisecraft
    12month wait caribbean
    2nd hand boats going for the same or more than new ones.
    Also a 12month wait on some outboards as well.
    Cant see there being too many cheap boats around until covid settles down.

Sea, i just inquired about a Horizon 525 hull wait was mentioned to be 2 months but i need to come up with 8.3k thinking of upgrading my small tinny and selling it, thinking of starting to save again for the upgrade

Little tinny is great but crampy it may suit someone else on the used market i can barely stand up in it in a river withput thinking im going ass over tit

always old tinnies about but i doubt its the time of year to pick a bargain up
    finding a crusty mid 80s boat isnt exactly headline news

no one has stock of anything new caravans motorbikes cars utes boats outboards even high end reels

i asked about new suspension for the challenger on a facebook group and had 3 serious offers to buy it at silly money, the issue is ill have to wait 6months + for a replacement ute.

Quote Originally Posted by seameter View Post

I doubt it.

2nd hand boats going for the same or more than new ones.

Cant see there being too many cheap boats around until covid settles down.
    Agreed ..the market might be ever so slightly slowing but nothing significant...the only "cheap boats" would likely be old piles of crap with ancient motors that have been rotting for decades in backyards.....

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Sea, i just inquired about a Horizon 525 hull wait was mentioned to be 2 months but i need to come up with 8.3k thinking of upgrading my small tinny and selling it, thinking of starting to save again for the upgrade

Little tinny is great but crampy it may suit someone else on the used market i can barely stand up in it in a river withput thinking im going ass over tit
    Is this before or after you are importing the Formula 233..?

Its going to be quite the convoy heading out to your new Hobbit house in the desert, isnt it..?...

I cant wait for the new thread..

The best pic but heres the 1.15k boat lokks very quintrex like, pic doesnt do it any favors
    Attached Images Attached Images

A bit better picture my mates sent thru
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a really old Seaman MK2, (I think) with an old Suzuki that's probably on its last legs.

Is the Ute roll bar just sitting there to get it out of the way or is it bolted on? Some sort of ski tow bar?

Matt

On closer inspection it might be a slightly later model been cut to bits and a console added, the Ute bar is a bit odd.

Thanks i have passed on the info, the 4x4 bar wss just a bit of junk chucked in i think, it does fit the hull width wise and could be used as a ski pole

The hull has a solid transom with well braced down under the floor nothing like the old quinny's i have owned