Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ausfisher missing in bay

Ausfisher missing in bay

I recognised this boat in a post on FB and thought I’d let everyone here know in the vain hope someone might know where they were going yesterday? Hoping they are found safe soon!! Terrible conditions to be out in during the day let alone overnight!
    !69720885-3B58-4ACF-B907-6A2C058DB5E9.jpg

Re: Ausfisher missing in bay

That's not an Ausfish sticker on the boat.....

Every weekend there is a search for someone missing in the Moreton area it seems.
    Jack.

Woman still missing as authorities find missing fisherman clinging to capsized boat off Brisbane - ABC News

They found the fella but not his missus...

It doesnt look good for her unfortunately...

Gusting to 30 knots at Cape Moreton yesterday and last night...not great conditions for an open tinny even in the more sheltered bay..

It’s a mate of mine from the construction industry his wife’s body has been found and he’s in a pretty bad way in hospital, very sad times . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Shit, condolences to family and friends. A reminder that it can go bad very quickly.

Sorry to hear that Matt...not a good outcome....

Hope he is Ok at least... must be a tough bloke to last all night in the sea in winter in those conditions..

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    It’s a mate of mine from the construction industry his wife’s body has been found and he’s in a pretty bad way in hospital, very sad times . Matt
    Sorry to hear that Matt. I did see Peter Close on Facebook say a similar thing. Small world in our industry. Sincere condolences to all family and friends.
    Matilda

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Sorry to hear that Matt. I did see Peter Close on Facebook say a similar thing. Small world in our industry. Sincere condolences to all family and friends.
    Yeah Closey filled me in this morning, I worked with Chewi he’s a great bloke he will be right he is tough as nails and he has the industry behind him . I am quit sad at the outcome and I’m stuck up here at the moment and sent my condolences already . Matt

Condolences to the young lady's husband, family and friends. Sad indeed.

Every boaties worst nightmare, thinking of the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a shame! Perhaps a simple change of plan to seek shelter behind Mud, when the westerly started cranking, might have saved their lives.

Sad outcome to a day out on the water. Condolences to your friend and his extended family. RIP lovely lady

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Very sad times Matt , i feel very sorry for him and the family Im still trying to figure out why he was out were they showed he was it looked like out near the measured mile and took a wave over the stern it said on the news.

Plenty of people duck out there in strong westerlies to fish. That area really has some big tidal flow and the seas on the NW side of Mud running back into the Brisbane River can be quite unbelievable. Aside from not wearing the life jackets he was making the right call to come back in for sure so the whole thig is really sad. Be a hard thing to come to terms with so hopefully he gets the support he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Plenty of people duck out there in strong westerlies to fish. That area really has some big tidal flow and the seas on the NW side of Mud running back into the Brisbane River can be quite unbelievable. Aside from not wearing the life jackets he was making the right call to come back in for sure so the whole thig is really sad. Be a hard thing to come to terms with so hopefully he gets the support he needs.
    I really don’t think it’s a time for debating best practices in the bay and having fished it for over 20 years iv seen it turn a half hour ride out into a two hour run home , but after this some things are going to change in regards to how I do things . Like life jackets should be on hand and not in a place under the floor at night and some sort of inflatable is high on my list for my next boat . Chewy will get plenty of support from fellow construction workers , the union and Mates in construction a support service for the construction industry. Thanks for all the kind words and I’m sure he will appreciate it even under the circumstances. Matt