Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Propellers: Anode protection.

Re: Stainless Propellers: Anode protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobpen View Post
    I did no research at all and bought a Yamaha because my 20 year old trailer was too rusted to tow the boat to another dealer.
    My boat was in with the dealer to also purchase a new trailer. Another $6,000 LOL
    They did try to sell me a stainless propeller.
    At the time I had not even realised the dissimilar metals had destroyed my Etec.
    On another offshore marine project we had some 6 inch plumbing fittings made from Gun Metal.
    The Nuts, Bolts and Couplings were all made from the same metal pour to prevent galvanic corrosion from slightly dissimilar mixes of the gun metal.
    There are a lot of know nothings on this forum.
    Boring but you try to help them .
    This goes against everything that you have posted in this and your previous posts on the same topic.

Maybe this site has been hacked by a troll.

ADMIN, can you have a look please.

I did no research at all and bought a Yamaha because my 20 year old trailer was too rusted to tow the boat to another dealer.
    My boat was in with the dealer to also purchase a new trailer. Another $6,000 LOL
    They did try to sell me a stainless propeller.
    At the time I had not even realised the dissimilar metals had destroyed my Etec.
    On another offshore marine project we had some 6 inch plumbing fittings made from Gun Metal.
    The Nuts, Bolts and Couplings were all made from the same metal pour to prevent galvanic corrosion from slightly dissimilar mixes of the gun metal.
    My 22 year old trailer is rust free by the way (apart from the axles and springs which I replaced). It doesn't sound like you look after your equipment very well.

Lol, a few weeks back we were lamenting that the forum got quiet and boring.
    Nature abhors a vacuum.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

On another offshore marine project for work we had some 6 inch plumbing fittings made from Gun Metal.
    Do you mean bronze or are we reverting to the 1800s?

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    images (8).jpeg

Blog Entries

We’ve been had

damnit!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Just out of interest Bob, what brand 4 stroke did you buy?
    As an aside the last two 4 strokes CSIRO Marine Research Purchased before I retired were Yamahas

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    |If you understood metallurgy they still make make gun metal a special form of bronze.
    Any other no-nothing smart arse replies?

Quote Originally Posted by billfisher View Post
    My 22 year old trailer is rust free by the way (apart from the axles and springs which I replaced). It doesn't sound like you look after your equipment very well.
    Ha Ha
    The trailer was seven years old, second hand and crappy when I bought it.
    It already had rust inside the box sections when I bought it.
    Some people are hopeless.
    I have nursed it for the past 13 years.
    I fitted new Galvanised springs and plastic wheel arches but you can't fix rust inside the box sections once it has taken hold.
    The bearing buddies are still going strong and I think they are 20 year old originals.
    My new trailer will be C section.
    I recommend Lanox. We spray the trailer every time we launch the boat. It looks bad but feels good (like the Joke)
    The engine in my 1979 FJ40 is a 253 V8 Holden that is 42 years old. Beat that.
    And I have a 50 year old STIHL two stroke brush cutter that still runs.
    Don't boast to me about your 22 year old trailer.
    Keep them coming. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    The mechanic and sales person where you go must rub their hands together when they see you coming. From memmory your motor was 13 years old, in a salt water environment I suspect there were other issues involved but expect some problems to occur and to blame it on a SS propeller is pointless especially where pros who run more hours in a year than you have in 13 years and have no problems speaks volumes.
    Stop trolling this forum please.
    Get out of MY thread.
    Start your own thread.
    Try and find some thing simple you may understand. Fish tasting perhaps?
    I am not trolling anyone.
    I started the thread aren't you trolling me?
    How stupid are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    This goes against everything that you have posted in this and your previous posts on the same topic.

Maybe this site has been hacked by a troll.

ADMIN, can you have a look please.
    How confused can one person be?
    Did I use big words?
    Try this an Alloy prop will not cause galvanic corrosion with an Alloy Power head.
    Understand now?
    My new motor has an alloy prop and an alloy power head. Understand yet?
    I worked in marine research for 40 odd years. Amongst other things I deployed Andera Current Meter arrays around the Gulf of Carpentaria and had data loggers on wharfs in Weipa and Karumba and never had corrosion problems. I also designed a heating system for saltwater mariculture which didn't corrode either. My system heated all the tanks the major Mariculture facility for about 20 years. How good is that?
    I have never had corrosion problems with any of the marine engines I have used except the 90 Etec which was the only one with a stainless propeller.
    In the past I have used about 17 maybe more different outboards and had no corrosion issues at all. Amazing.
    There should be quality control of people who are allowed to post.
    All I see is hearsay and no facts about how many thousands of hours "other people" must get out of motors with Stainless propellers.
    How many "other people" have had corrosion issues like mine.
    I could make up any number. Probably thousands or tens of thousands. LOL
    How about you get off my thread until you have something to contribute?

Your new engine has a stainless steel drive shaft bolted directly to your power head ya muppet. That drive shaft also comes into direct contact with “hot sea water”. What are you going to do about that?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

How confused can one person be?
    Did I use big words?
    Try this an Alloy prop will not cause galvanic corrosion with an Alloy Power head.
    Understand now?
    My new motor has an alloy prop and an alloy power head. Understand yet?
    I worked in marine research for 40 odd years. Amongst other things I deployed Andera Current Meter arrays around the Gulf of Carpentaria and had data loggers on wharfs in Weipa and Karumba and never had corrosion problems. I also designed a heating system for saltwater mariculture which didn't corrode either.
    I have never had corrosion problems with any of the marine engines I have used except the 90 Etec which was the only one with a stainless propeller.
    In the past I have used about 17 maybe more different outboards and had no corrosion issues at all. Amazing.
    There should be quality control of people who are allowed to post.
    All I see is hearsay and no facts about how many thousands of hours "other people" must get out of motors with Stainless propellers.
    How many "other people" have had corrosion issues like mine.
    I could make up any number. Probably thousands or tens of thousands. LOL
    How about you get off my thread until you have something to contribute?
    Well you have offered hearsay or anecdotal evidence, we have replied in the same vein. Eg I had no corrosion problems with my Evinrude with a S/S propeller over 20 years and it was even moored for a few years. Obviously one persons anecdotes are not statistically significant. Plus with no plausible mechanism for your theory. If there was something to your theory don't you think it would be well know in the industry?

Get out of MY thread.
    Start your own thread.
    Try and find some thing simple you may understand. Fish tasting perhaps?
    I am not trolling anyone.
    I started the thread aren't you trolling me?
    How stupid are you?
    Can I ask what the hub on your ally prop is made of and how the nut is connected to the prop and shaft, I'd think it was a great big SS washer. With your background now clarified I still struggle to understand your posts about SS props. It's like you have focused on a single item in the whole shebang with blinkers on. Yes it is your thread and I've responded accordingly, where am I diverting from the original intent?

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    We’ve been had

damnit!!!!
    this is the only forum hes popped up on with the topic so just here for a shit stir
    most under moderated website im on

wonder if old barramundi eyesite will come along too