Thread: Relief Shading on Navionics

Relief Shading on Navionics

Question for those of you who has got Navionics Platinum +, wondering what level of relief shading detail are you getting in Moreton Bay and offshore? I'm trying to set up mine on a Raymarine Axiom+ and I'm only getting high resolution bottom features in a few small areas off Point Lookout, off the Cape, Hutchies, Deep Tempest, etc. The majority of the Bay and elsewhere are just low res pixelated colour shading with no detail. Wondering if I'm not setting it up right? I did download a very wide area onto my Navionics Card (from Gold Coast through Bunker group) although it appears to have been successfully downloaded, I'm wondering whether this could be an issue. Thanks.
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Re: Relief Shading on Navionics

Hi I don't think the Platinum plus has the shaded relief -see the link

CMAP Reveal, Navionics Platinum and Navionics+ Maps – what's the difference? (chsmith.com.au)

Platinum+ East North 62P. Clearly states on their website that it includes Relief Shading, even has that option to download RS and select coverage area in Chart Installer. Unless I'm missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post

CMAP Reveal, Navionics Platinum and Navionics+ Maps – what's the difference? (chsmith.com.au)
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

https://chsmith.com.au/news/navionic...f-shading.html
    Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post

Interesting - looking at the link and searching Platinum+ East North 62P it seems it does include it

the following link is some instructions on how to load shaded relief onto the platinum plus maps

Navionics Platinum - How to access Relief Shading (chsmith.com.au)
    GPB093 - Area 60GPB094 - Area 61
    GPB095/GPB099 - Area 62
    " title="GPB093 - Area 60
    GPB094 - Area 61
    GPB095/GPB099 - Area 62
    " itemprop="image" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; max-width: 100%; vertical-align: top; display: block;">

ZoomRelief Shading is included within Platinum+ and requires a valid Navionics subscription