Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunshine Coast deep dropping

Re: Sunshine Coast deep dropping

Flashing, coloured, which ones. Have tried numerous types, sometimes need the flashing all colours, other times the more subdued pale green. It's a really weird world down there, it's been quite a while now, I'd better get my gear out and go again.

BTW Lovely, make sure you have decent rod holders, there is a lot of pressure on them and make sure they are securely mounted.

Have done 2 with no problems, and one on the wheel and take it in turns, 4 would be a nightmare in a bit of current
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Flashing, coloured, which ones. Have tried numerous types, sometimes need the flashing all colours, other times the more subdued pale green. It's a really weird world down there, it's been quite a while now, I'd better get my gear out and go again.

BTW Lovely, make sure you have decent rod holders, there is a lot of pressure on them and make sure they are securely mounted.
    More than welcome to come out with me anytime and show me how to do it 😂

No worries Terry, happy to catch up, it's like any type of fishing although does require a bit of thought in how you go about it. Certainly quite addictive once you get a few flame snapper and bar cod, although with the cod I like them no bigger than about 8kg. The waters off caloundra is a place I haven't deep dropped as need to travel too far out but saying that, running up to Roonie's then across the Breaksea is quite a run.

You're on to it Terry, stick to the deeper water. As a rule you won't get many green eyes below 150f and best for Trevalla between 170f - 250f. Bass groper deeper again. Don't overthink the bait, they'll eat pretty much anything down there. I got a Blue eye on a savaloy once just to prove a point to the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtragic View Post
    You're on to it Terry, stick to the deeper water. As a rule you won't get many green eyes below 150f and best for Trevalla between 170f - 250f. Bass groper deeper again. Don't overthink the bait, they'll eat pretty much anything down there. I got a Blue eye on a savaloy once just to prove a point to the crew.
    Thank you for the advice it’s definitely addictive! I must have been finding the only deep green eyes 😂I fished between 200-250 fathoms on Tuesday and was pulling up triples of them but could see some good red shows amongst all the blue, probably worth another investigation for another trip and just persevere until something else muscles in

Been a very long time since I've been deep sea fishing, still have no electric reel set up, Out of my range. You blokes making me hungry with those tasty deep sea critters. Anyone got room for an old salt to try his luck?

Cheers, bondy