Thread: 1770 & Fitzroy next week 10 - 14 June

1770 & Fitzroy next week 10 - 14 June

Attached is the forecast for Fitzroy Reef next week and weekend. Looks pretty good to me but happy to take views.

Thinking of going, is anybody else heading up for safety in numbers?

I know this is inconsistent with my other post about a boat inspection in Ayr, however thinking of heading to Ayr, if the boat is all good, driving down to 1770 and having a few days out in it to make the drive worth while.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 5.47.12 pm.jpg

Re: 1770 & Fitzroy next week 10 - 14 June

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby_III View Post
    Attached is the forecast for Fitzroy Reef next week and weekend. Looks pretty good to me but happy to take views.

Thinking of going, is anybody else heading up for safety in numbers?

I know this is inconsistent with my other post about a boat inspection in Ayr, however thinking of heading to Ayr, if the boat is all good, driving down to 1770 and having a few days out in it to make the drive worth while.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 5.47.12 pm.jpg
    That forecast looks good. Where did you see that? Quite a lot lighter than my usual source.
    Fitzroy is a fair way to go on a shakedown cruise in a new boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Getout View Post
    That forecast looks good. Where did you see that? Quite a lot lighter than my usual source.
    Fitzroy is a fair way to go on a shakedown cruise in a new boat.
    The forecast is from Buoyweather. Agree that it is a fair way to go on a shakedown, hence the reason for asking if anybody else is going out next weekend. If I'm driving 19 hours to pick up a boat, want to make it worthwhile to do some fishing while I'm at it.

What is your normal source as it is always good to check multiple forecasts? I alway find when forecasts are not changing much and different sources are all saying the same is when they can be relied on the most.

I use windy.com. It has been reliable for me.
    I was at Fitzroy last month. Just scraped in a trip before the last blow. Afternoon travel was definitely the best.

This is Willyweather

Attachment 124015

Below is an update on the forecast. Friday and Saturday still look good, getting up there a bit on Sunday.

Have changed plans a little bit, going to keep my current boat (Bar Crusher 640C at least for another week) and take that out there so confident in the boat. 350 litres of fuel should be more than enough with on 2 people on board.

Attachment 124052