Thread: Boat inspection in Ayr

Boat inspection in Ayr

Hi all

I'm looking at buying a boat that is located in Ayr which is about 19 hours drive from where I live. I have spoken to the local boat dealership and they no longer to boat inspections.

Does anybody live in Ayr that would be able to go around and have a look at the boat to make sure it is work the drive?

Thanks
    Mark

Re: Boat inspection in Ayr

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby_III View Post
    Hi all

I'm looking at buying a boat that is located in Ayr which is about 19 hours drive from where I live. I have spoken to the local boat dealership and they no longer to boat inspections.

Does anybody live in Ayr that would be able to go around and have a look at the boat to make sure it is work the drive?

Thanks
    Mark
    Have you thought about calling the local marine rescure mop up there someone there might do it for a donation at least there boaties.

Have given the Marine Rescue a call and they are going to pass it onto the president to give me a call back to let me know if they are willing to do it.

Ausfish Platinum Member

How'd you go with this Gumby, get is sorted?
    Cheers
    Corry

Hi Corry

No and so far, it has been too far too go in case it wasn't any good when I got there.

Mark

I don't think anyone wants to take the liability it's probably why there are no boat inspector's might be a problem them getting insurance

I recall one guy on here using a boat inspection service that done a poor inspection and gave the buyer the heads up on the purchase.. the buyer got the boat and it was something else poor bugger from memory had to pay 10k for repairs and he only got back i think 2k from the inspection company

Gumby,
    You could try the guys at coral coast marine at Ayr. I've dealt with them a few times and they're not a bad bunch of blokes. They might let you know if it's worth the drive for further inspection for a fee, might even know the boat. Be a shame to miss a good buy because of distance. Worst case scenario, you might blow 50 or a 100 if they say don't bother. Tel them the NSWelshman that caught all their barra sent you.
    Mark