Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Useless fishing related items you have bought

Re: Useless fishing related items you have bought

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    And we still make the same BooBoo!!, recieved 280 DFS Wide Gape Hooks purchased offa Fleabay today under the assumption they were Chemically sharpened hooks ??. Ordered in variouse sizes and opened the 4/0's see how sharp these hooks are and could stab myself repeatedly with the fecking things and doubt ide do meself harm lol except release enough blood for a sugar level test!!.. ..
    Never mind i carry a hook sharpener onboard for such occasions and the shape is what i wanted so will have to live with them.
    Hmmm - sounds like me buying BKK trebles out of China
    When they arrived they were marked BBK - they were meant for Barra & Jacks but you could crush them in between your fingers

Oh well - I got a refund

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I bought a Daiwa electric reel on fleabay once for about $400 and when it arrived it was a pebble with a laughing Budda carved into it

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    Cheers

Trev

for me bought a natty fishing net that slides back into its own handle...neat and easy to stow....just a total waste of time..the soft netting catches on hooks so easily..and the mouth of the net is very narrow...sigh...

OK - I better throw it out there ......... Predatek Viper

When I got into barra fishing & was getting together a collection of lures - I was told by a tackle store that they were one of the Gun lures ...... watched Matty Fraser Dam Hot video and saw these big barra that he dredged up - well I just had to get onto those bad boyz ...... bought a heap - cant miss with these !

NEVER CAUGHT A FRIGGIN FISH ON ONE ....... trolled them , cast them .... didn't matter - not even a nudge . In the first couple of years of trying on a few trips ..... I gave up & gave them away

Useless bloody things Viper.jpg
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Was looking at spinning reels recently..

Saw these bargain Saltiga's..buy 2 get one free...

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...4182216ddscamB

What could go wrong.?

I've been lucky I suppose. It's not so much what I have bought, more what others buy me... birthday pressies etc..........

I once got a fish scaler........... Can't remember the last time I actually scaled a fish..... 40 years ago maybe ?

I did buy a ticket for a charter out of Mooloolaba recently.......... WOFTAM !

Braid scissors................. has anyone bought these that actually work after a year ?

<><
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I've been lucky I suppose. It's not so much what I have bought, more what others buy me... birthday pressies etc..........

I once got a fish scaler........... Can't remember the last time I actually scaled a fish..... 40 years ago maybe ?

I did buy a ticket for a charter out of Mooloolaba recently.......... WOFTAM !

Braid scissors................. has anyone bought these that actually work after a year ?

<><
    Yep regarding braid scissors. I have the HPA ceramic ones that are still cutting well after 4 years.
    Matilda

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

When I got into barra fishing & was getting together a collection of lures - I was told by a tackle store that they were one of the Gun lures ...... watched Matty Fraser Dam Hot video and saw these big barra that he dredged up - well I just had to get onto those bad boyz ...... bought a heap - cant miss with these !

NEVER CAUGHT A FRIGGIN FISH ON ONE ....... trolled them , cast them .... didn't matter - not even a nudge . In the first couple of years of trying on a few trips ..... I gave up & gave them away

I have done well with their lures in the "black beetle" colour on Murray Cod

Matt

Everyone has lures they have bought dragged around for thousands of kms on the water and they have never left the tackle box
    I always seem to buy micro minn minns when I see them on special
    now I have over fifty of them but keep using the same black one for bream flathead and it’s lasted 20 years and hundreds of fish

Was black and now it’s almost white with so many teeth and oyster marks

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Yep regarding braid scissors. I have the HPA ceramic ones that are still cutting well after 4 years.
    I gave up on Braid scissors mainly because of the very small handles. I ended up buying the cheap red handled Bunnings Cut Flower scissors, sharp, cheap, don't rust if looked after and easily replaceable. The best thing is the blades are the same size as braid scissors but the handles are normal size so even my arthritic fingers can use them and being bright red easily found.

Spend the coin and buy samaki ceramic scissors....large handles and will last for a decade easily.
    I also have two other no name ceramic snips that are over a decade old also.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Spend the coin and buy samaki ceramic scissors....large handles and will last for a decade easily.
    I also have two other no name ceramic snips that are over a decade old also.
    but do they cut cleanly ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Interesting on the braid scissors.

All the ones I have bought do NOT have a serrated blade and I see the Samaki ones have smooth blades as opposed to the ULKAT HPA's.

The video of the ULKAT ones show them cutting heavy braid, 70lb I think, but would be keen to hear the effectiveness on 6lb braid etc.

Same for the non-serrated blade types.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Phill/Chris,

I use the HPA ceramic scissors from PE 8 (112lb) Varivas down to 4lb Unitika braid. Cuts clean. Not cheap but in the 4 years they are still going strong.
    Matilda

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

My mate uses a 35mm yozuri sinking lure black and gold he catches a heap of fish ive got heaps of them and have caught nothing ever even fishing beside him i still cant work that one out.