Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Useless fishing related items you have bought

Re: Useless fishing related items you have bought

Shaun what about it, I bought one. HA, I'm normally the most practical (tight arsed) when it comes to parting with my dollars unless it's quality. dropped the ball on that one, not the same lure but a $10 knockoff. still in the box. what an idiot! Or not, could be a game changer if I ever use it. I've even named it "ASPRO". Also invested in 5 for a dollar hook removal tools, turned out to be 5 bits of 1mm wire with 40mm long plastic handles, I think they rusted somewhere between here and China en route. Nearly forgot about the line spooling stand that sits corroded on the shed windowsill unused/unusable. That's a schooner I'll never get back. I've really got to stay off sleaze bay when I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    What about that lure that was getting around a few years ago, the one that lights up and does this and that. I remember them saying it’s in the fishes DNA to eat it and they guaranteed it would catch fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    New drone arrived today - DJI Mini 2 ..... not necessarily fishing but fishing photography - will this be a lemon ?

Chris

how did the drone go Nagg

I crashed the wife’s magic pro twice now
    once Into a fence and no damage
    and second time a hawk attacked it and ripped the camera off $420 repair

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    how did the drone go Nagg

I crashed the wife’s magic pro twice now
    once Into a fence and no damage
    and second time a hawk attacked it and ripped the camera off $420 repair
    I've only flown it a couple of times ...... but I still haven't really tried recording etc .

The drone it'self seems pretty good - nice & compact .
    hopefully I get a chance to have a good play with it before we (hopefully) get up to the Whitsundays at Christmas

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

They certainly are fun to play with..

I havent even got around to worrying about taking pics yet.

Just been focusing on practising flying the bloody thing....no hawks attacks yet thankfully but the dog almost grabbed it while I was landing...I also did give a tree a bit of a trim...almost got banned from flying on that occasion...I bet your missus wasnt impressed with with her drone being ripped up, Steve..!

The missus got the DJI Mini se with a couple of spare batteries, prop blades etc..

I'm looking forward to getting some shots of the Reef and maybe some croc shots down the river.....

Nagg, you might be feeling a bit optimistic on a Xmas Qld holiday..?..be interesting to see when Anna will start letting vaxxed folks cross the border...

This was the first shot the missus took of our jungle..

jungle.jpg

EDIT....dont go booking that trip just yet Nagg...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ccination.html

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post

Just been focusing on practising flying the bloody thing....no hawks attacks yet thankfully but the dog almost grabbed it while I was landing...I also did give a tree a bit of a trim...almost got banned from flying on that occasion...I bet your missus wasnt impressed with with her drone being ripped up, Steve..!

The missus got the DJI Mini se with a couple of spare batteries, prop blades etc..

I'm looking forward to getting some shots of the Reef and maybe some croc shots down the river.....

Nagg, you might be feeling a bit optimistic on a Xmas Qld holiday..?..be interesting to see when Anna will start letting vaxxed folks cross the border...

jungle.jpg

Nice yard mate
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post

jungle.jpg

Unfortunately (hopefully fortunately) - I'm booked in for a Whitsundays trip ...... so it's just going to be a wait & see at this stage ..... what else do you do when you have to have time off at Christmas ?

As for the drone - I bought a couple of spare batteries , camera filters & a tablet holder for the IPad ........ that bigger screen makes a difference . I love the different perspective you get with a drone ... be it photos or video.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

No she wasn’t happy lol
    but sent into dgi paid the bill and they send a replacement unit

really need two people when going high and far for situational awareness

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Nice yard mate
    cheers mate..it was just bare paddocks, regrowth and wild raspberry when we first moved here 20 years back...now some of the trees and bamboos we have planted are 25-30m high..

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Unfortunately (hopefully fortunately) - I'm booked in for a Whitsundays trip ...... so it's just going to be a wait & see at this stage ..... what else do you do when you have to have time off at Christmas ?

As for the drone - I bought a couple of spare batteries , camera filters & a tablet holder for the IPad ........ that bigger screen makes a difference . I love the different perspective you get with a drone ... be it photos or video.

Chris
    Might have to try an ipad as well..the size of the phone screen makes it hard at the same time as trying to fly...and yeah the perspective from above is quite fascinating to see..

No she wasn’t happy lol
    but sent into dgi paid the bill and they send a replacement unit

really need two people when going high and far for situational awareness
    yeah finding it a challenge when you lose sight of it...a bit wary of just hitting return to home in case there is some vegetation in between..

BTW we also bought the replacement insurance in case of an accident...I have a feeling it might come in handy while we are first learning....for ours its $49 for a year and $45 to replace the drone the first time ...we also bought pontoons so if it goes in the water at least you can recover it to return for the cheaper replacement cost...

https://store.dji.com/au/product/dji...sh-dji-mini-se

I don’t even touch it now.
    just have a gopro with the remote for taking photos when solo.

What I do need is decent cold weather gloves as was going to go out yesterday was it was 3 degrees at midday
    probably need two pairs a warm pair for the morning launching and getting to the spot and then some thinner ones to cast in

I don’t even touch it now.
    just have a gopro with the remote for taking photos when solo.

What I do need is decent cold weather gloves as was going to go out yesterday was it was 3 degrees at midday
    probably need two pairs a warm pair for the morning launching and getting to the spot and then some thinner ones to cast in
    There are " heated " gloves available.... check motorcycle accessories on Mr Google

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks Phil