Thread: Echomap Plus 95sv – will G3 Vision shaded relief work on this unit?

Echomap Plus 95sv – will G3 Vision shaded relief work on this unit?

Hi Brains trust

I am looking for further guidance with map options for an Echomap Plus 95sv that a mate runs - he is not tech savvy but a bloke I would go out of my way to help. I have a couple of questions that I will make as separate threads. I run a Lowrance unit and have no knowledge with Garmin.

The Echomap has the standard factory loaded fishing maps. He likes the idea of shaded relief. A quick ‘net search’ says that the G3 maps with shaded relief may run on the Echomap Plus 95sv but it does not have the internal storage capacity to store the maps and that to run shaded relief maps you need to keep the micro SD card installed.

We have some software updates to do as well – when I looked there are 7 that are to be done

franks unit.jpg

Questions.

1. Will the Echomap Plus 95sv run G3 maps with shaded relief?
    2. If yes, confirming the map card will need to be permanently kept in the card slot
    3. Confirming the general software update should be done first.

thanks
    Steve

Re: Echomap Plus 95sv – will G3 Vision shaded relief work on this unit?

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    Hi Brains trust

I am looking for further guidance with map options for an Echomap Plus 95sv that a mate runs - he is not tech savvy but a bloke I would go out of my way to help. I have a couple of questions that I will make as separate threads. I run a Lowrance unit and have no knowledge with Garmin.

The Echomap has the standard factory loaded fishing maps. He likes the idea of shaded relief. A quick ‘net search’ says that the G3 maps with shaded relief may run on the Echomap Plus 95sv but it does not have the internal storage capacity to store the maps and that to run shaded relief maps you need to keep the micro SD card installed.

We have some software updates to do as well – when I looked there are 7 that are to be done

franks unit.jpg

Questions.

1. Will the Echomap Plus 95sv run G3 maps with shaded relief?
    2. If yes, confirming the map card will need to be permanently kept in the card slot
    3. Confirming the general software update should be done first.

thanks
    Steve
    I'm looking at this for my old 750Xs, similar predicament, 3 things I have found so far.
    1. The unit must have WiFi capabilities due to the processors in the units not being able to process the big downloads, you download to your phone the relief shading maps then across to the units.
    2. You would probably need the Navionics+Upgrade card.
    3. I understand if you take your old Navionics card to a supplier you can get the new one for half price according to their website. Still need to check it out. My card is the standard size but I'd be getting the micro size with the adapter so it could be used if you upgrade.

I run it in my 95sv. It slows it down a fair bit though. Worth it if the coverage is excellent in your areas, a lot of places not worth it. Was a bit tricky to get working, had to have the active captain app and then download relief shading areas separately. Then transferred across from phone to unit on wifi. It will need an sd card due to size of maps.

thank you so much