Thread: Why don't the big TV shows ever go upstream?

Why don't the big TV shows ever go upstream?

Anyoneknow why ET, Al Maglashin, Rex Hunt etc.. never do a show on up stream, i have never seen any of them do Chipping Norton Lake this lake is filled with mullet and bass but im yet to see any TV show go that far up the system and even so ET lives on the Port Hacking River just the next estury over from Botany Bay (CNL is connected to Botany Bay 35kms up stream)

Re: Why don't the big TV shows ever go upstream?

What sort of ratings do you think you would get hauling in monster mullet from polluted upstream city waterways..?...they probably glow in the dark up there..

send them a message and ask
    can always watch old rex hunt starlo bushy videos where they do down to earth fishing

all the shows want to show off the gear the sponsors are giving them , utes boats high end gear
    australia is a massive with a diverse fishing environment, i want to to see the places and types of fishing on my wish list of things to do not stuff i can do any day of the week.

Never been a fan of fishing shows, a few many years ago were OK, now it's just big headed hosts advertising gear most people will never use, or on some charter in a remote part of the world, edited to look like its fish after fish, I never watch any at all these days.

Blog Entries

Search iFish on YouTube. Heaps of river and lake vids

Why don't the big TV shows ever go upstream?

I don’t really watch Fishing Shows.

Gazza I’ll tell you why they don’t go to Chipping Norton Lakes - nobody is interested and the rating would go down. If they have any ratings

This is not a dig at you or CNL, it’s just reality. I don’t live far from CNL and often launch at Davy Robinson Reserve, but I have never ventured up to the lakes.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

The lake is supposedly polluted that may be one reason but it still has great fishing it has huge mullet, big bream, bass, some tailor and jewfish often venture up in there during the warmer months

The big tv shows mostly target down stream and blue water

What i wanna see is what the pros can do very local a majority of Sydneys residents live in Western Sydney, maybe once the liverpool multi million dollar marina is complete they may do a video?

As mentioned - this is about sponsorship dollars ...... it's a way of advertising for the biggest bang for buck - you have to have great destinations / fishing combined with someone the audience want to watch .
    CNL will hardly go down as even a destination of interest ...... I think Starlo came the closest with the lower reaches of the Cooks river chasing Mulloway under the guise of "suburban" fishing

Chris .
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO