Thread: Garmin gps boat icon offset on screen

Garmin gps boat icon offset on screen

Hi, has anyone worked out how to offset the gps map screen from the boat icon on a garmin. It currently shows in the middle of screen, I would like to display 2/3 of the screen to the top of the boat icon so I can see further in front. Using a 95sv. Thanks.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Garmin gps boat icon offset on screen

I'll have to have a look at mine Robo, I've got the 95sv and I'm sure coming back Sunday night it was showing more of the screen in front. I'll check this arvo and let you know.
    Cheers
    Corry

Quote Originally Posted by robothefisho View Post
    Hi, has anyone worked out how to offset the gps map screen from the boat icon on a garmin. It currently shows in the middle of screen, I would like to display 2/3 of the screen to the top of the boat icon so I can see further in front. Using a 95sv. Thanks.
    I run a 75sv and have thought about this for some time. Will be interested on the answers given by more knowledgeable ausfishers

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

It was easy on my axiom, I'm pretty confident the Garmin doesn't do it as I have searched every menu. Also found a glitch where the heading line will only show 1 mile 1609.3m even though it shows as adjustable. I am running the latest software, hopefully fixed in next update.

Quote Originally Posted by robothefisho View Post
    It was easy on my axiom, I'm pretty confident the Garmin doesn't do it as I have searched every menu. Also found a glitch where the heading line will only show 1 mile 1609.3m even though it shows as adjustable. I am running the latest software, hopefully fixed in next update.
    Robo as I too was interested in this, I sent an email to Garmin Support and received the following answer (not the answer I hoped for)

Hi Michael,
    Thank you for contacting Garmin Australasia,
    The Garmin marine chartplotters do not have an option to change the map position to have the boat lower on the screen. I have passed on your feedback to our senior marine technicians to see if the feature can be added in a future update.
    If you have any further questions at all then please feel free to contact us on 1800 235 822 EST (Australia), 0800 427 652 (New Zealand) 8:30am-5pm (Mon-Fri).

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

The only... sort of... option is a look ahead mode in radar , which moves the vessel to the lower third of the screen when over a certain speed to have more "ahead" of you show on the radar screen.

but yep. would be a nice addition. surely will be added soon.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Thanks all. Fingers crossed they add it.