Thread: NW of Bunkers round II

NW of Bunkers round II

The weather finally played the game properly so got another run in almost as many weeks. Huey turned it on! Had to be the best day out weather wise in the last five years. Fish were on but there were some serious XOS spannos around that we didn't have a hope of stopping. Got spooled twice. Last run to the same mark was 83 km out and trip total of 170 km. The run out was foul but the run home was good. Total fuel burn was 105 litres. I'd imagine a much better burn this trip.

Cheers
    Craig

Re: NW of Bunkers round II

Some nice eating fish in that lot - Welldone
    Big spannos - I always take a bigger rod/reel offshore after being circled by 2m plus mahimahi
    Looks the family had a great trip
    Guessing you running 140hp
    Cheers

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    Cheers

Trev

That looks like a great trip. Water and weather looks beautiful and some great eating fish there. Well done. I hope to get up that way later in the year

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Some nice eating fish in that lot - Welldone
    Big spannos - I always take a bigger rod/reel offshore after being circled by 2m plus mahimahi
    Looks the family had a great trip
    Guessing you running 140hp
    Cheers

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    Thanks mate,
    Will be upgrading the floater rigs. Happy for advice.

The motor is a new Merc V6 225. I'm blown away by how good it is.

Who put the most fish in the box?

I reckon it was the women who's outfished me forever. The boy got the most trout but outclassed by his mum for size! I reckon it was a solid hour before I got a bait in the water between rigging, baiting, unhooking and re-rigging. Lost so much gear it wasn't funny. Can now tie and FG in record time!

Loos like a good trip well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a cracker family trip. What are your thoughts on the Lewis? Don't see too many around.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Looks like a cracker family trip. What are your thoughts on the Lewis? Don't see too many around.

Really happy with it. I wanted a CC625 Outsider but couldn't come at the price. The Lewis does everything I reckon the CC would for a fraction of the cost. My wife gets seasick so we wanted something with good stability at rest. I think the 20 degree deadrise with planing plank is a good compromise. It doesn't ride quite as soft as my mates Haines 620 but it doesn't lean over unexpectedly or slop around on anchor like it either. It's also faster and gets top fuel economy with the new Merc. So far no bad habits and it has been out in the shit.I'd let my wife and the young bloke drive our old CC in anything knowing it had no bad habits and I'm getting to a similar point with the Lewis. About 75 hours on it now. Fillets are now down to about $3000 per kilo!

Top day out there..

Though think you have a bit of work to do on your girl, mate...whats with the go-go gadget arm holding the fish in front of her...

Nice looking boat there too...I have never been on one of them...Do the cabin bunks extend under a raised walkaround...?...I saw a Cruisecraft ad recently for a 635HT that was about 160K...its unreal how expensive boats are getting..

I thought CC were about 20 degree deadrise also..do you have trim tabs on the beast..?

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Top day out there..

Though think you have a bit of work to do on your girl, mate...whats with the go-go gadget arm holding the fish in front of her...

Nice looking boat there too...I have never been on one of them...Do the cabin bunks extend under a raised walkaround...?...I saw a Cruisecraft ad recently for a 635HT that was about 160K...its unreal how expensive boats are getting..

I thought CC were about 20 degree deadrise also..do you have trim tabs on the beast..?

Slimy tusky's too hard to hold for little hands!

Yep, cabin extends full width under the walk around to the side. Standard cab fore and aft, finishing at the dash. Full length bunks.

I believe you are right that the CC is also 20 degree deadrise with planing plank. Very, very similar which was another reason to buy it! No tabs yet. Some prop torque but nothing I can't live with at the moment.

As for $160K, is this the time where we start talking about what we paid for our first house?? From memory only about $20K more than that!!