Thread: Coochie Newbie

Coochie Newbie

Hi Guys,

I am planning on taking my 3.9m tinny out and around Coochie on the weekend I have never fished around there do you think that sized boat will be big enough. The forecast is good for the weekend so far I know it can get rough at times just after some advice and local knowledge of the area if I could. Also if I could get some areas to try for a squire or two that would be awesome.

TIA.
    MAV

Re: Coochie Newbie

Boat is well and truly big enough if you are a capable boat handler. There is reef areas around the red drum on the south eastern corner and patchy reef that extends from the north eastern corner north to the beacon at the bottom of the banks that can at times hold fish. There is also the deeper water out around the artificial. It can get rough through there - really rough. I've had to redirect my trip home on a few occasions - running with the sea and going right around the island to get the most sheltered run back to Victoria Point.

Re: Coochie Newbie

thanks mate. i think i am going to stick to the inside and the bottom of the island hopefully it will be a little less bumpy for my size boat. i am sure there will be a thousand other boats out there anyway lol. Do you know if they are getting any decent snapper out there lately ? or is it too early for them still ?