Thread: Garmin plotter to autopilot

Garmin plotter to autopilot

Gday guys, just picking the brains of anyone that may be able to help?

Background info is, I have a Garmin gpsmap 7012 and a Garmin ghc10 autopilot connected through a nmea2000 network. This has worked perfect for 6+ years. I wanted to get the relief shading but thecurrent plotter was not comparable so I have added a little Garmin echomap ultra 65cv. I have installed the shaded maps and everything is great in regards to that but now that I have also installed in on the original network, the autopilot won’t accept the information from the original plotter when the new unit is turned on? When the new unit is off it is no issue.
    I really only need to be able to use the pilot from the original plotter. Is there a way of making the original the master information supplier to the pilot if you understand what I mean?

Thanks guys
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Garmin plotter to autopilot

maybe backbone config.relax there is a couple of pretty switched on members here who will chime in soon.

Look into whether the output PGN's can be set or turned off in the new unit or in the NMEA2000 set up for the pilot if there is a way to set up data source preferences. Been a while since I played with these - can't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks guys, not really sure what PGN’s are, I’ll google that.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Any_Weather View Post
    Thanks guys, not really sure what PGN’s are, I’ll google that.

Cheers
    Lee

A PGN is basically a NMEA2000 data sentence. Different PGN's contain different data. At a guess, both are outputting the same nav data PGN and it's creating a conflict

Thanks Scottar, I’ll investigate this idea further.

Thanks again
    Lee