Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Botany Bay. Bait/Tackle shops, and Flathead.

Re: Botany Bay. Bait/Tackle shops, and Flathead.

Gazza, considering you havent been fishing for a few years, as shakey points out, its always a good idea to brush up on the fishery rules and regs..

They seems to be always changing..

It doesnt take long to jump on the fisheries website and take a gander occasionally...

For example, the Black Jew quota for the year in QLD was filled by the 8th of March making them "No take" for the rest of the year...

A lot of rec fishers may not even realize this but ignorance is no defence if fisheries find you with illegal fish..

On thing about towra point or near there in the channel its occy haven we fished there one time getting heaps of legal flatties than 2-3months later all we got were occy's galore my cousin pulled one in at the back of the boat he thought it climbed out of the boat, 15-20mins pass and i feel something crawling up my leg i jump up screaming say wtf was that my cousin sat back and laughed it crawled up under the floor

There was a blue ring occy caught at the captain cooks bridge too it was on the fisheries show on tv sitting in a guys bucket!!!

There's lots of Blue Rings around, but they are quite shy and mainly stay hidden in rocks and shells.

Yeah ever since those QLD floods everything has been flushed down south i have even caught a mangrove jack in botany bay a few years ago

For the original posted the two red dots up the top of the screen are the sydney airport runways try fish the circled area this is where i get most of my flathead right along that depth contour line,

No matter where u fish fish those depth contour lines you'll have a greater chance at chatching fish
    Attached Images Attached Images