Thread: Worth the Early Start

Worth the Early Start

It getting harder to get up at 3.30 now the thermostat has been turned down a bit nut I chucked on a T SHirt under the fishing shirt and headed out to brave the elements. One advantage was an empty boatramp - a rarity these days. I was out at my spot by 5.15 and greeted by an amazing sunrise that really makes it worth the early monrings.

It was not the best wind with a bit too much westerly in it but I had to make teh most of what I was given - work is making it harder to get out these days unfortunately. After setting out the burley and the lines I kept watching the amazing sunset until interupted by the first fish of the day - light line when bonkers and 10 minutes later I had a massive Snapper by the side of the boat but in my stuffing around getting the net ready  (which was up the otehr end of he boat) I dropped the fish - time for a little cry on the corner, dust myself off and try again - net ready this time.

Luckily I ddn't have to wait long as the last hour of the tide change was an absolute snapper fest with big snapper hitting baits hard and with some massive runs. I lost a cuple more good fish - the downside of fishing light gear - but ended up getting my bag limit within 50 minutes or so with fish between 40 and 60 cms. More that enough for a feed.

The Snapper seemed to leave on the tide change and were soon replaced by some nice Mackeral. I hooked 7, landed 4 and lost a fair bit of tackle, again on the light gear so that a part of life. Was back at the ramp by 10 to deal with the normal boatramp antics that occur these days. At least I got a good feed.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sunrise.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	123690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snaps.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	123691  

Re: Worth the Early Start

Thanks for the report. Great results for your knowledge and work.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Top report mate! Thanks for sharing.
    Matilda

Not bad for a mornings effort well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, great report. Interesting how Ausfish has turned around in the last week or so and these better posts are appearing.