Thread: Barwons & Caloundra Wide Last couple days

Barwons & Caloundra Wide Last couple days

G'day all, thought i might add a quick report.

Fished the Barwons ex M'lba on Friday. Ran straight out early, tried for LB at the nine mile but no good so pushed out to the mid section of the banks. Had a troll for a spanish first thing but dead so hit the shallow stuff for some lipper, trout and tuskies. Allot of small stuff but picked through them. Went out of the edge as the day wore on and got some nice trag on a little patch in 80. Gave the blinker a hit on the way home for dirty water macky but again no good. Finished up with about 12 nice quality keepers for the day i think.

Backed up Saturday, we hit caloundra 12 mile early for zilch, went out to Caloundra wide for a few tiddler pearly's, pretty dead like Lee said. We picked our way north up to the barwons with a very empty box. Did some sounding and managed to save the day a bit on a little lump out in 90 where we got a some pearl. A couple of them XOS so that was nice. Great run home. 135 mile for the 2 days fishing great conditions out there.

Scott

Re: Barwons & Caloundra Wide Last couple days

Welldone Scott, you did a lot better than me. we tried very hard on Saturday for nil. Was a great day to be on the water just the same.
    I hope the new boat is going well.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Barwons & Caloundra Wide Last couple days

Thanks for report Scott
    A few weeks back I did Cal wide up to The Banks for 2 keepers a pearlie and a cod leanest trip in years
    Have to admit though I hooked two nice fish at The Banks that turned me inside out on my sporting 100lb gear - felt like the sorts thing you'd expect from cod or big reds - one of those would have made the trip different
    We fished 70 to 110m mostly with mullet squid and pillies
    Snapper should show soon I hope
    One of the guys got a trout - nice
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210313_160141.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	123686

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    Cheers

Trev