Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 48 of 48

Thread: My 2400 Kevlacat build

  1. #46

    Re: My 2400 Kevlacat build

    Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post
    Interesting Lovey80, i was also pedantic about flushing and maintenance on my zooks. Flush for 15mins on the muffs then 5 mins through the water port flush. Soapy wash under cowls after every trip. Annodes changed and oil cooler cleaned ever year. Still ended up with corrosion in the exhaust port.

    I came back from a 2 hour run and noticed oil leaking when I was strapping it back on trailer. A cover plate under the power head had corroded through and let go as it was cooling after the run. Lucky it didnt happen at sea or it'd be dead zook! Outside they looked immaculate but inside was a different story.

    I now run the yams in a flush bag which will hopefully help with warm water opening the thermostat on the flush. Pulled the annodes and thermo at 20hours and there was no salt buildup so hopefully it stays that way. Ill start with the anti salt wash stuff now too.

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    for those that have the 140 Zukes, is there anything that can be done to watch out for the corrosion or do preventative maintenance to stop that exhaust port issue? Or has it been solved on the newer engines?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  2. #47

    Re: My 2400 Kevlacat build

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    for those that have the 140 Zukes, is there anything that can be done to watch out for the corrosion or do preventative maintenance to stop that exhaust port issue? Or has it been solved on the newer engines?
    Mine were 2009... is supposedly fixed on newer engines however a mate that is an outboard mech claims he still sees it alot on the newer ones too. Worst bit is you can't really monitor it without taking the powerhead off. My annodes would be slightly corroded however still fine. Theyre cheap to replace so adding them to annual service and flushing the best we can is about all we can do I think

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

  3. #48

    Re: My 2400 Kevlacat build

    I had a K7 DF150 go through the engine holder. Suzuki were great about it and was replace under warranty. It was an issue on the internal coatings in the exhaust area on mine. Had a hole the size of a 50c piece - i think there is a post on here about it some years ago. I got a DF150AP now - I like this engine and it has been great. Zuke arent the only ones to have corrossions issues - Yamaha had huge issues on the F200/225 that they handled pretty shitty for owners that had the issue intially but came good later with kits

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us