Thread: Couldn't find them

Couldn't find them

My,my. It seems the forum has settled down now so I thought I'd post an update on my last trip on Sunday.
    The weather guides were smiling so I thought I'd run out the Caloundra bar and try in close for some Grassies and maybe some mackerel as by catch. First up some fresh bait, did get a few yakkas but the mackerel kept snipping the top ones off, consequently lost quite a few jigging rigs.
    Found a likely spot that had produced in the past, put the burley out and thought we'd be on. Two of us were experimenting with vibes, octa jigs etc while the third persisted with bait etc.
    Very little was happening regardless, lost a few baits but overall, zilch.

A couple of Tuskies did come in and of course the myriad undersized Reds. Moved after a while and eventually I got what felt like a quality Grassie my mated called it as a shark but once in it was a nice fish around 3kg. I said "right boys, we've found them", but not to be, we just couldn't coax them out.

There were a few schoolies around, every now and then 6 or so would follow your line in but no cigar.
    Called it quits after a while and headed home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Couldn't find them

A day in the water is a good time no matter the outcome

the irrigators turned my local dams off so the waters so low I can’t even get the boat launched

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    A day in the water is a good time no matter the outcome

the irrigators turned my local dams off so the waters so low I can’t even get the boat launched
    That's a bummer.

Nice fish and the day looks good ,congratulations. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    That's a bummer.
    All good just envious of people who don’t have drive 200km to have water under their boats lol

how did they cook up for dinner ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    All good just envious of people who don’t have drive 200km to have water under their boats lol

how did they cook up for dinner ?
    Yummo. Can't get better than ocean to plate. Rethinking big trips of 5hrs to 1770 etc when 5 mins to ramp and 15 mins to fishing grounds although limited, at my age has a certain charm about it.

Nice fish Sam, and yeh a close day does sound appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Dignity,
    Well done mate, nice fish, still you managed to get out and enjoy.
    Bondy