Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Change of mind... Maybe bass boat time?

Re: Change of mind... Maybe bass boat time?

Just looking at it from a financial perspective loose a $500 engine or $4000 engine, the difference is throwing 3.5k in the river..

If either engine goes in the drink i want it to be a old heap of shit not a late model 4 stroke if i lost the mercury u would not believe it but that would kill me and play on my mind for the next 15 years even just taking a boat out the the lake will bring tears

Think i read in the VSB1 PDF on trailer builds your held accountable for 5 years on home made trailers for any structual defects

Not saying it's not right, but I have never heard of such a thing.

Noel just lots of people over the past year getting in my head that my transom will fail there is that many people laughing at my transom saying its going to fail its really effecting the way im thinking

I heard it when i was building that sea strike all those years ago

All just sounds like another flavour of bull$hit to avoid finishing your project.

Matt

The bloody transom is SOLID and the motor will NOT fall to the bottom of the ocean. Gazza if this is how you always think, DON’T ever do another rebuild as it will kill you.

Have some confidence in your build, finish this project and go fishing for a few years.

IT IS SOLID

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Maybe find another hobby that isn’t as wasteful of your resources and energy

People were ripping on you and your behaviour not your boat rebuild

Saying it’s not done perfect isn’t saying that it’s going to fail
    Your engine is not going to fall off and you went fishing in plenty of boats you had no idea of it’s structural integrity

Plenty of people fish in old boats every day

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    People were ripping on you and your behaviour not your boat rebuild

Saying it’s not done perfect isn’t saying that it’s going to fail
    This. While the workmanship on your transom isn't exactly pretty and some mistakes were made, you put enough material in it that it doesn't need to be perfect to do the job.

I'd personally still want to hit some heavy chop with it then check for any signs of distress after as an in-service load test before I took it offshore, but I wouldn't expect it to fail that test - and certainly not catastrophically (likely gelcoat cracking if there are issues).

Yep transom should be fine. All irrelevant anyway because it’s clear this boat will never be finished. Now it’s taking a couple months to fix a couple tiny holes in the hull.

Yeah i definatly wont build the transom the same again

Next boat will be single piece transom thermolite i'll just cough up the 800 bux for a single 38mm sheet, whole boat will be thermolite tho, kicking my self now i never done my stringers and bulkheads in thermolite

Thumbs down Re: Change of mind... Maybe bass boat time?

As for getting the boat on the water the to do list is

The trailer needs, mudguards mounted, mount new bunks, and register

Boat needs 1 hole 3 grinder slits glassed, console installed, steering installed, correct engine bolts and plates, silicone in bung, finish off the top left/right transom sections

Than i think she is ready for her first lake test drive

Lots of safety shit needs to be bought i sold it all with my little boat i will crack on but my yard is all mush more rain coming tonight

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Yep transom should be fine. All irrelevant anyway because it’s clear this boat will never be finished. Now it’s taking a couple months to fix a couple tiny holes in the hull.
    I'd join you in slinging shit but I'm six years deep into my shed build, so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mopheus View Post
    I'd join you in slinging shit but I'm six years deep into my shed build, so.....

My house reno took 8 years but I didn't stop to make 11.15 internet posts every time I pulled a nail out.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    My house reno took 8 years but I didn't stop to make 11.15 internet posts every time I pulled a nail out.
    Some say I have a problem with scope creep. I just don't see it as a problem

(and no, I wouldn't hire me to do a shiplap ceiling either lol)

20210325_141824.jpg