Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gotta seat thing happening atm

Re: Gotta seat thing happening atm

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Mate had them on his boat and my 70 kgs had no issues, somebody around 120 kgs (note to crew mates I'm not talking about you) might have a different issue. Also was were fairly well protected against the elements.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    The reason I have mine in this direction going down backwards is because I stand in front of it and the only way I get any shock absorption from it is if it can travel backwards otherwise it is rigid against lower back - no thanks
    Interestingly ScotSeat and Shark mount their suspension units so that they squish back-and-down, so there's no set approach even amongst manufacturers. The ScotSeat mechs are similar to the SeatRight. I'm installing mine 'backwards' like yours to start with as well given I have flip-up bolsters for standing support.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I have only put about 12 hours on it since fitting 2.5 weeks ago but some of that was gusting 25 knots and it just didnt really feel right going backwards..

I'll swap it and see what happens..as mentioned that will change the position of the seat unless its flipped upside down as well...
    Out of curiosity, did you end up flipping yours and if so what was your preference?

Hi Guys, Trevelly's original post got me to rethinking about my previous attempts at making my own suspension seats. Thanks again Trevelly your post and photos did cause a couple of light bulb moments and I have been busy (with a multitude of interuptions )
    I have got to a stage where I have a workable (note not working ! ) seat, have not sea tested it yet, and I will not be able to progress it for a couple of months so I thought I'd post a "so far so good "story.
    20210510_151824.jpgVer.1
    20210406_164343.jpgLoad testing
    20210510_151912.jpgTest results
    20210530_150758.jpgVer.2 blanks
    20211013_154315.jpgVer.4 blanks
    20211104_101149.jpgVer.4 (Ally chook)
    20211117_075828.jpgAlly chooks in formation
    20211117_081716.jpgTest seat mounted to ally chooks
    20211122_083233.jpgChief designer20211122_101857.jpgWorkshop foreman and QC
    Photos have been taken over about 7 months and as I said many interruptions. At present while I have a "bouncy" seat I am not happy with the 'travel' (about 60mm ) and it is 'firm' at the end of travel.
    I have a couple of ideas on improvement but won't be able to get to it for a while.
    I am not revealing how the 'chooks' get their bounce just yet ( open to offers and bribery )

Any commercial / retail enquiries should be directed to :
    SORASS Industries
    101 Boundary rider road (opp. The PONDS Institute )
    Aitenbach Qld 490126

Hope you found it interesting !
    Farn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausfish Silver Member

"SORASS Industries" love the name

I thought Aitenbach was better