Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Quintrex

  1. #16

    Re: Quintrex

    Noel could it be they ploughed a swell or wave? The brisbane yamaha only do one video in the rough but they use the big 610 it has the apex hull but it has a different name

  2. #17

    Re: Quintrex

    No idea, anything's possible, but it wasn't a rough day, lots of tiller steer tinnies out.

  3. #18

    Re: Quintrex

    There is this one i mentioned earlier apex hull in what they call rough seas, to me that is just a choppy day not really rough seas


  4. #19

    Re: Quintrex

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    There is this one i mentioned earlier apex hull in what they call rough seas, to me that is just a choppy day not really rough seas
    4:13 "Now look at these waves, they're 2 metres, they're curling on me!"

    [camera pans out to show wind chop]


  5. #20

    Re: Quintrex

    Yeah that is at best 1 meter of chop lol

  6. #21

    Re: Quintrex

    Quote Originally Posted by Mopheus View Post
    4:13 "Now look at these waves, they're 2 metres, they're curling on me!"

    [camera pans out to show wind chop]

    OMG that is hilarious.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  7. #22
    Ausfish Addict disorderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the Jungle

    Re: Quintrex

    Quote Originally Posted by Mopheus View Post
    4:13 "Now look at these waves, they're 2 metres, they're curling on me!"

    [camera pans out to show wind chop]

    Yeah 2 FOOT chop at best..

    I didnt hear that before because I mute the video's whenever that idiot is on...

    I seriously cant even stand listening to him..

  8. #23

    Re: Quintrex

    Yep, two foot chop is my guesstimate.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not actually dissing the Apex hull - I really don't have an opinion on them - but that guy is just so over-the-top with his praise. Used car salesman style but selling new boats.

  9. #24

    Re: Quintrex

    Quote Originally Posted by Mopheus View Post
    Yep, two foot chop is my guesstimate.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not actually dissing the Apex hull - I really don't have an opinion on them - but that guy is just so over-the-top with his praise. Used car salesman style but selling new boats.
    Wait till you meet him in person. I left the yard very quickly

    Matt

  10. #25

    Re: Quintrex

    the waves are curling on me ha ha ha , stuffed if i pay 50 k for that though ,

  11. #26

    Re: Quintrex

    "This is a seriously capable offshore boat" @ 3.44 minutes of video. Not bad for an open boat, hope he doesn't give novices the wrong impression. Quintrex has come a long way since my first boat in 1977, a secondhand 15ft Fishabout MK2.

  12. #27
    Ausfish Addict disorderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the Jungle

    Re: Quintrex

    Just something to consider if anyone is looking at spending big dollars on a Yellowfin platey..

    Seems this tradey is not impressed by both the factory and dealer fitout...

    Short video on page states "I'm an electrician and I reckon thats some of the fukking worst shit i've come across in my life"...

    You would be pretty annoyed paying $100 plus an hour to have that quality of work done to your new pride and joy...

    Is this commonplace throughout the Telwater boats or did this owner just get a crappy dealer who didnt even bother tidying up the factory wiring as well....?



    yellowfin wiring...jpg

  13. #28

    Re: Quintrex

    It's a bit hard to say, but unless he got a complete package from Telwater, then his dealer did the fitup, that said, their attention to detail is not exactly first class.

  14. #29

    Re: Quintrex

    I've noticed quite a lot of Freestylers for sale recently, most boats less than a year old.....got to have something that the owners don't like.

    That hull would ride rough in anything nearing a metre chop....the flare dictates that.
    Jack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us