Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Clark boats gone.

Re: Clark boats gone.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    A stainless screw holding a timber floor down requires a seperation from the hull
    fair enough most are dealer add ons

but console, flooring, live well inserts live wells anchor well all have dissimilar metals holding them in place

A few hours job to do afterwards so just a small Inconvenience bit would be a 5 min job at factory
    Yeah I don't think there's enough dollars in those Renegade hulls, one of my cautions earlier was about the perils of judging the rest of the range based on the bare bones entry model. The analogy was using the Yaris to judge the Land Cruiser. I guess they need that model to be competitive in the value end of the market, as Noelm alluded to earlier the Renegades are probably the closest thing you'll get to a rebadged Stacer, they don't have any of the Quintrex selling points - no flared side pressings, the sides are stitch welded, basically everything is plastic insert like livewells, anchor wells etc. But it gets them into that market.

I had a Renegade a couple of years ago, good value hulls as you say and a massive online community behind them, just need to know where they've pulled money out of them. For example if you get a painted 460, make sure it's optioned with fully welded sides (yes they actually make you pay for it, effing Telwater) otherwise it's a matter of time before salt gets under the paint where it's stitched and it'll bubble.

Once you do go beyond the entry model though, the live wells are all welded in as part of the boat, they're no longer plastic inserts. Same with the anchor wells. The consoles become all rotomolded not ally screwed into the deck like the Renegades. Gunnels, decks etc all fully welded. Side sheets get the flared pressings, etc. Everything is just a bit nicer, but you pay for it.

That's why I don't think they're necessarily a 'good value' boat any more once you climb up the range, some of those 5m Top Enders are like 50 grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    Sure Lovey, step away from it all you like. Even after I needed to clarify that I didn't work for Telwater (because apparently if you have something positive to say about a product, you must work for them) that wasn't good enough, I was challenged about it again and again. Then attacked for my actual profession. The calibre of some people around here...
    Really? After you clarified my question and stated you were a lawyer, you were challenged on it again and again? Or was it more to the point of your argumentative posts that you were ribbed for being a lawyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson
    Here's the point. What's gone on in this thread has been going on for years on forums, people slagging off brands and products they've never owned or experienced. You suggest I search for Telwater because it "isn't pretty". That's exactly the point, there's so much trash floating around like this thread has proven, you can't pick an armchair critic troll from someone that's actually owned the product and has real experience to share. I know some people genuinely don't like them based on experience, that's uniform across all brands. But what I'm tired of is people like Noelm, never owned a Quintrex, claims they're no good, claims they're the same as a base model Stacer (the boat that he actually owns), uses second hand story to slag off Quintrex. Others talking down $80-100k products based on their experience with a $300 used tinny. If that makes sense to you, then so be it.
    Did you search? Did you see the loads of posts of other Ausfish members that owned Telwater products that were not what any reasonable person would call

As a mass produced alloy product, Australia and Quintrex in particular produces some of the best in the world. They are top notch products and we should be proud of that.”
    There are many long time members of this forum that were around to see the other threads. Real first hand experiences of poor quality and even worse dealer/factory support after the fact. Many of which you can no longer see the photos of.

I'm pretty tired of it, I know others are too. If it wasn't Telwater in this thread, it's Bar Crusher in another. It makes it so hard for people researching the brands. But it's standard protocol on forums, slag off the market leaders any chance you get. Who cares whether you've owned or experienced them before or not. Once you actually respond to the armchair trolls, it becomes immediately clear that there's no substance behind what they're saying. Read the thread front to back again, I've been more than reasonable.
    This forum is the very reason you don’t have to buy a certain product to have an informed opinion of it. It’s one of the major points to the forum existing in the first place. For Aussie fishers to share relevant information with each other. Many current and former members shared their experiences. Including the struggles to rectify the problems. Yet you expect people to shut their gobs because they saw other people’s poor experiences and didn’t buy a certain product? Or for that matter only bought the low end of the product?

Particularly to trolls like "shortthenlong" who asked for information and pretended he was genuine, so I actually spent like 20 minutes writing a reply to run through some of the differences I suspect most don't know about, happy to have a conversation about it. He clearly didn't actually care for a conversation and it probably caught him off guard, so he just responds like a rude muppet, didn't address a single point.

I won't apologise for sharing facts and experiences where I can, even if some of the trolls get upset.
    No need to apologise for sharing facts. But in the 14 years I’ve been a member of this site, I’ve seen on many occasions members with superior knowledge on a product or issue, correct other members on things they’ve said without it turning into a bun fight. Without the need to go off their heads and call other members arm chair trolls. Without bringing COMPLETELY off topic Facebook threads into the bun fight you just started.

FYI, Noelm is one of the most respected members of this site for a reason. For more than a decade he has been helping other boaties and fishos on a range of topics in a respectful and helpful manner. He doesn’t get it right 100% of the time but who does? He’s not a protected species, he’s a respected species. I suggest you take note of how he carries himself on this forum and maybe people will start responding to your posts in a similar fashion as to what they do Noelm.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Really? After you clarified my question and stated you were a lawyer, you were challenged on it again and again? Or was it more to the point of your argumentative posts that you were ribbed for being a lawyer?
    No, I was literally challenged again, even after I clarified. Read back through the posts, in particular shortthenlong.

I also wasn't the one being argumentative, I just outlined why I think we should be proud of some of our local products, I got called names instead of anyone actually responding with substance. Nobody seemed to actually own one, but the opportunity to throw a jab is seemingly very tempting.

Did you search? Did you see the loads of posts of other Ausfish members that owned Telwater products that were not what any reasonable person would call

There are many long time members of this forum that were around to see the other threads. Real first hand experiences of poor quality and even worse dealer/factory support after the fact. Many of which you can no longer see the photos of.
    Like I said, there's negative material posted about every brand. People rarely start a forum thread to report that they've had no problems. And with a company that sells as many boats as Telwater, even if a tiny percentage had issues, in pure volume that would be like every Bar Crusher owner writing a complaint. And as this thread evidences, clearly not all of it is genuine. In fact, turned out only a couple of people in the whole discussion actually had experience with a Quintrex. Doesn't matter if you've ridden in one or not, just slag them off, who cares, right?

This forum is the very reason you don’t have to buy a certain product to have an informed opinion of it. It’s one of the major points to the forum existing in the first place. For Aussie fishers to share relevant information with each other. Many current and former members shared their experiences. Including the struggles to rectify the problems. Yet you expect people to shut their gobs because they saw other people’s poor experiences and didn’t buy a certain product? Or for that matter only bought the low end of the product?
    Disagree strongly. Happy to have a conversation about the merits and quality of a product, especially if there's substance involved. Having actually experienced the product is a good start. For example, if all you've ever owned/experienced with a brand is a 10 year old 3 metre tinny, no sir, you're simply not in a position to review their 6m offshore product without having first tried it. Again, experience and report. I'm not trying to get a Land Cruiser review from the guy who's only ever driven a Yaris. If you agree with nothing else I say, surely you can agree with that.

No need to apologise for sharing facts. But in the 14 years I’ve been a member of this site, I’ve seen on many occasions members with superior knowledge on a product or issue, correct other members on things they’ve said without it turning into a bun fight. Without the need to go off their heads and call other members arm chair trolls. Without bringing COMPLETELY off topic Facebook threads into the bun fight you just started.
    Sure, so I get called terms such as "pr!ck", "wanka", "arrogant", "idiot", "liar" throughout the thread. I have people editing my quotes trying to paint me in a bad light. On the sixth page I finally refer to these creatures as armchair trolls, which is exactly what they are and that's actually a mild way to put it. They've earned it.

I haven't been swearing at people throughout the thread, attacking their profession, claiming they're biased, drinking cool aid etc. That would be your mates.

And re disorderly, end of the day it's just stirring in both directions, I have a crack at his Chinese boat, he has a crack at mine, end of the day still I respect him for putting himself out there in public with the China saga, I think it helped at least a few people at the time, not many would have had the balls to put themselves out there.

So yes, I'll wait for that apology

FYI, Noelm is one of the most respected members of this site for a reason. For more than a decade he has been helping other boaties and fishos on a range of topics in a respectful and helpful manner. He doesn’t get it right 100% of the time but who does? He’s not a protected species, he’s a respected species. I suggest you take note of how he carries himself on this forum and maybe people will start responding to your posts in a similar fashion as to what they do Noelm.
    Look have nothing against Noelm, but as you admit, there are many times when he's off the mark. I've been on THT for over 15 years, he has a certain reputation on those other forums that perhaps isn't the way he's viewed around here, I won't go into vast detail as he's tapped out of the thread.

All I will say is, read pages 1 and 2. He baited the anti-Quintrex train, never owned one. The other claims he made, they were just factually wrong - wasn't even about the boats, he was talking about 1 year wait times and rigid pre-orders, both not true. I was polite in correcting him, but no concession, just dug the heels in. Doubled down with the old second hand story about someone else's Quintrex. He's a smart guy, in my view he probably knew what he was doing.

Some people just like to subtly stir. Ask the guys on THT about a lot of the Evinrude threads that started well but finished as dumpster fires, one member always seemed to be there. It stopped being a coincidence after a while. It's entertainment for some.

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Is this a paid, subscription only service? Asking for Wahoo.
    Ohhh you... I thought we weren't getting eachother birthday presents this year!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

ppppppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post
    Ohhh you... I thought we weren't getting eachother birthday presents this year!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It's the kind of guy I am!

Ausfish Silver Member

ok when you boys are bored read the link,then have a beer and a think.
    Who fits the bill,and just forget the trolls. They go away when nobody bites. LETS GET THIS FORUM BACK TO NORMAL(?)
    https://www.howtogeek.com/465416/wha...handle-trolls/
    Last edited by Tracker; 21-02-2021 at 11:15 AM. Reason: DELETE SWEARING