Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best small offshore boat size/style.

Re: Best small offshore boat size/style.

[QUOTE=ericcs;1682493]
    Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    After owning a Bak Crusher the cat must be like heaven...

and thankfully its not Markham Rollinater that turns turtle at the first sight of a decent swell beside the boat..

So we have had gazza giving offshore reef advice now we just need someone to reccomend a 4.2 renegade as an offshore weapon...

funny you should on that!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418...60846650878310

is that the 420 renegade group as I’m cough cough I’m banned from that for saying yamahas outnumber etecs on the back of renegades
    what’s the link say ?

ive seen a 440 renegade at the fads and peak off Sydney

Don’t think it’s any worse then the 15 foot quintrex reef masters cruise abouts and what ever that half fibreglass can quinine was called in terms of performance

yes they shouldn’t have been outside either but people did use them out there with a fair bit of luck

Attachment 123271

fads off botany that’s my cruisecraft in the back ground
    4 guys in a 4.2 renegade with a 30 and their yellow brick life jackets on drifting through the middle of everyone else who was taking turns to line up and drift past the fad

[QUOTE=stevej;1682497]
    Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post

is that the 420 renegade group as I’m cough cough I’m banned from that for saying yamahas outnumber etecs on the back of renegades
    what’s the link say ?

ive seen a 440 renegade at the fads and peak off Sydney

Don’t think it’s any worse then the 15 foot quintrex reef masters cruise abouts and what ever that half fibreglass can quinine was called in terms of performance

yes they shouldn’t have been outside either but people did use them out there with a fair bit of luck

Attachment 123271

fads off botany that’s my cruisecraft in the back ground
    4 guys in a 4.2 renegade with a 30 and their yellow brick life jackets on drifting through the middle of everyone else who was taking turns to line up and drift past the fad
    Another 100km offshore to the reef in the 420 today, left Mackay harbour at 1am
    And was out there before 330 she chopped up on way home all up 245km round trip on the tiller this time

could very well be the same group, very pro yamaha!
    hat's off to the driver, hanging onto a tiller all that way

They were pro etec when I got kicked

245km is a bit nuts
    they are heavy thirsty hulls wonder how much fuel he had to do that trip
    stock tanks only 50l

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    They were pro etec when I got kicked

245km is a bit nuts
    they are heavy thirsty hulls wonder how much fuel he had to do that trip
    stock tanks only 50l
    sitting on 40km a hour it does about 2.8km to the L or 11L per hour
    45l up front 60l underfloor +Jerry’s

Had my 429 Stacer Outlaw out in the ocean plenty of times, don't think it's anywhere near "weapon" status, nor is it what I would call a great sea boat, but as a crab boat in my local lake, it's pretty well spot on, but like everything, once you own a boat for a while you always wish you got the next model up, the 449 would be better for crabbing, I wonder how much trade in I could get.......

I’m thinking the same thing noelm
    im adding so much crap to the 420 maybe a 440 or 460 would be better suited

but then sometimes i struggle to get the 420 back onto the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    sometimes i struggle to get the 420 back onto the trailer
    Is it the winching itself that gives you grief or keeping it lined up while you winch?

The ramp or lack of ramps where I am

sometimes I have to attach a which strap to a tree if it’s been raining the inclines so steep on the river banks

also I went with the smaller alloy unbraked trailer and have to sink it to get it far enough into the water
    the longer braked trailer I Had. with the first renegade is much easier to launch off

Would adding a swing-around drawbar help? There's not much to them but they'll add a metre or so to your drawbar length. One more thing to do before and after launching though.

Mines pretty good to get back on, but then, I only use proper concrete ramps with jetties and so on, the trailer is pretty light (in my opinion) but it does the job, the 449 would be just that bit better, hhmmm.......

I can’t post a photo as they are all too big
    can be 30-40m of bank to back down if the river slow

more dead winching the whole thing and then worried about the whole car trailer slipping into the river on wet clay

Boats a bit big for this location