Thread: Anyone own the current Yamaha F25?

Anyone own the current Yamaha F25?

They "sound" really awesome, 10kg lighter than prior 4 stroke and only 10kg heavier than the carby 2 stroke version. Compatible with all the "command link" gauges as well.

https://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/prod...2.5---25hp/f25

If you own or have used one, would you recommend it?

Re: Anyone own the current Yamaha F25?

I have heard box engines are super reliable (equil bore x stroke)

What is yamaha asking for one of these? Anything over $4700 imo is rich for a 25hp

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I have heard box engines are super reliable (equil bore x stroke)

What is yamaha asking for one of these? Anything over $4700 imo is rich for a 25hp
    It is just under that, although of course you can prob get it for more like $4k if shopping around. Here in NZ its a lot more, but so is every engine, I think its more like $6500 here, but NZ is totally done over when it comes to marine gear, but its still in line with comparable engines.

What I like is it is 25kg lighter than comparable 30hp 4 strokes. Makes it a great option for 4m tinnies. I also like it is one of the few batteryless EFI engines on the market, although adding elec start gives you best of both worlds, it also puts out a nice 16amps from the alternator, making marine electronics via a quality battery a non issue, vs the 25hp 2 stroke Merc which only puts out 6 amps and at best is only useful for keeping the battery charged for starting, a small fish finder at a pinch.

Im not sure if it is this one or the 2 stroke, but one uses a twin carb setup which is how it produces more power. The whole HP thing is deceptive imo. Its also important to consider the CC's and the alternator output.

Thanks for your thoughts on it, cheers

Look at the capacity a 30 is 747 cc the 25 is just over 400cc
    It’s nearly double the capacity so more tourqe power just a more powerful engine

sticker hp is kit what you base the sale on its weight v engine displacement.