Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cooktown fishing

Re: Cooktown fishing

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post

Lakefield National park for a couple of days camping fishing and boating ,report when I return just hope I’ve got enough lures
    Very nice

I hope you lose heaps ....... ENJOY

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Very nice

I hope you lose heaps ....... ENJOY

Chris
    Thanks mate should be plenty of opportunity to loose some but I’ll be right I’ve done this before hahahaha
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks Disorderly ive just fixed it , my yoga13 lap top dose funny things at times.

Were's all the fish pics Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Were's all the fish pics Matt.

Here’s a couple from Kalpower Crossing but I made a promise not to post other information to social media , I will say this part of the country is outstanding and some of the water holes are fish crazy . We found one water whole about 3 meters round full of trapped Barra that we caught and released into the Normanby river . Matt

Nice one Matt thanks and yer can understand there way of thinking up there.

The water holes look nice and soupy.

Nice one Matt thanks and yer can understand there way of thinking up there.

The water holes look nice and soupy.
    Oh I understand mate mate but that’s why I’ve put up posts this year so others can understand what it takes , we all keep stuff close to our chests so not everyone gets the information to be successful in many places . After 3 years coming here it’s been an eye opener but this will be my last year for a bit as I want to explore some new spots down south , I have the need to chase king George whiting and some big snapper .

Cooktown fishing

A little bit of topic, but at the moment I’m in and around Kakadu. Yesterday took a drive out to Cahill’s Crossing on the East Alligator River, just before high tide.

Saw several crocs floating around looking for a feed. Then hear a little commotion nearby so walked through the bushes and saw a bloke just taking a loaded rod of a younger girl and continue the fight. This was the end result. Yes it was returned to the river.

Measured 1.1 metres

Image1623703934.509917.jpg

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Ok this is my last post while in Cooktown, I’m leaving and heading south next stop Kuranda on Sunday for a few days and then slowly heading towards home in Brisbane. At the moment the wind is full tilt here and offshore fishing is out . The herring have returned and the fishing is good at the pier as your protected from the southerly winds , plenty of trevally and the odd mackerel are being caught but the golden trevally and silver trevors are on the chew with the odd jack thrown in . This will be like this for the next couple of months with th odd Barra caught if your lucky , as I said earlier if you want to catch fish from the reef you will catch them but don’t expect to get out over the cooler period . My recommendation would be between October and April at best . Matt

This is the sort of thing you need to get out at the moment, they are in for fuel and supplies must be nice . Matt

This is the sort of thing you need to get out at the moment, they are in for fuel and supplies must be nice . Matt

They might be heading for Lizard Island Matt.

It still wouldnt be much fun in 20 knots SE, even on that flash beast...

Best parked up on the north side of Lizard in front of the resort drinking margarita's till these horrible tradewinds start dropping ...

They might be heading for Lizard Island Matt.
    Don’t know mate but it’s from cairns called SPIRIT ,it’s for hire 25k per day apparently https://www.exclusivegetaway.com.au/boat/spirit/ .Matt

Don’t know mate but it’s from cairns called SPIRIT ,it’s for hire 25k per day apparently https://www.exclusivegetaway.com.au/boat/spirit/ .Matt
    How many days you got it for mate..?..

Interesting looking hull on her too ..probably actually pretty stable in the slop..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    How many days you got it for mate..?..

Interesting looking hull on her too ..probably actually pretty stable in the slop..
    Yeah right I wish , heading out of here Sunday heading to Kuranda for a few days then going to see where we end up . Matt