Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cooktown fishing

Re: Cooktown fishing

Miss Doreen salvaged
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Does insurance pay up if the skipper is charged with DUI..?

Wonder what will become of her..?

It looked like an easy salvage being shallow water it sank in .

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Does insurance pay up if the skipper is charged with DUI..?

Wonder what will become of her..?
    If it was fiberglass as suspect it was it should beable to be patched up but its been there for a while so a full strip down and throw out and refit it or just buy another one,
    And yes it will be interesting to see what happens but its a accident i think it would have happend weither he was DUI or not he still would have done the same thing i think and it was not the owner of the vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    If it was fiberglass as suspect it was it should beable to be patched up but its been there for a while so a full strip down and throw out and refit it or just buy another one,
    And yes it will be interesting to see what happens but its a accident i think it would have happend weither he was DUI or not he still would have done the same thing i think and it was not the owner of the vessel.
    Timber and they are moving it to the slip for strip out and repair

Cooktown fishing

Ok it’s being emptied of all that’s worth anything and being towed to Innisfail for destruction,it’s written off . Salvage operator is towing her out tomorrow heading south what a mess

How did it sinks hitting a dory being a plank boat ,it must have sprung a plank and the dory must have been very sturdy.

Well it will be a slow trip south at 5to6 knots towing it in that little boat in any southeastly.

Well it will be a slow trip south at 5to6 knots towing it in that little boat in any southeastly.
    yeah that would be fun....driving straight into 25 knot, 3m seas gusting to 35 ...might end up on the bottom again...

Shame they couldnt just sink her out in 25m of water somewhere off the coast...the nannigai and trevally would love her..

yeah that would be fun....driving straight into 25 knot, 3m seas gusting to 35 ...might end up on the bottom again...

Shame they couldnt just sink her out in 25m of water somewhere off the coast...the nannigai and trevally would love her..
    Get onto them and get them to tow it a bit further south and cut the rope just off the shipping channel with gps marks of course.

Get onto them and get them to tow it a bit further south and cut the rope just off the shipping channel with gps marks of course.
    I talked to the salvage operator about that ,if it dosent get back to Innisfail he dosent get paid amongst other issues . They have been stripping it out for a couple of days and are in the process of making it water tight and setting up a bilge pump for the journey . Matt

Id say someone will be onboard to fill up the tank on the pumps,it will take a good 24hr i reckon, its 30k down to Gubbins reef then another 70k to lowe isle then another 80k to fitzroy island and another 70 or so km's to Innisfail if its not blowing they have the current on there side but need the high tide to get across the bar at the Johnson river but neither boat looks like it draws to much water.

Cooktown fishing

Lakefield National park for a couple of days camping fishing and boating ,report when I return just hope I’ve got enough lures

Sorry Matt ive hit disagree instead of like, have fun i hope you get some large scaled fish

Sorry Matt ive hit disagree instead of like, have fun i hope you get some large scaled fish
    Well I kind of disagree too Chris..I dont think Matt has enough lures..when he starts getting busted off in the sticks by all those metreys he will be wishing he took more...

BTW, if you hit the wrong button you just have to hit it again and it removes it..

Cooktown fishing

Well I kind of disagree too Chris..I dont think Matt has enough lures..when he starts getting busted off in the sticks by all those metreys he will be wishing he took more...

BTW, if you hit the wrong button you just have to hit it again and it removes it..
    We will see , I should be right I think