Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cooktown fishing

Re: Cooktown fishing

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    They can sink 44gal drums and tie them to the boat and pump air back in or big float bags they only got to get it up enough to get a pump in the engine room,diesel is not as bad as other stuff it will get eaten up by bacteria i cant see it affecting the system up there with the amount of water flow out of the Endeavor river.
    I’ll let you know what they do I’m down there everyday
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Ausfish Bronze Member Stressless's Avatar

Young skipper has been charged with DUI and traces of illicit substances in his system after the sinking.

I didnt realise it was a crime to be over the limit if the boat was moored..?

The "young skipper" may well regret a night on the piss and pipe while Cooktown was getting swamped by torrential rain...

Not a great look on his CV...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I didnt realise it was a crime to be over the limit if the boat was moored..?

The "young skipper" may well regret a night on the piss and pipe while Cooktown was getting swamped by torrential rain...

Not a great look on his CV...
    If the skipper is on the boat hes responsible for boat and crew .

Yep sunk within casting distance of one of the fishing platforms, they haven’t started to retrieve it yet

I guess you'll lose some fish to that snag.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Great info, Cooktown is only a month or so away from being our back yard, so reading this sort of detail is great, looking forward to getting up that way.
    Cheers
    Corry

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    Great info, Cooktown is only a month or so away from being our back yard, so reading this sort of detail is great, looking forward to getting up that way.
    This is why I’m posting as information is hard to find or old so after 3 years of coming up here I thought I would do something that might help others to get the most out of a trip up here . Matt

Im thinking he would have hit the dory regardless on what was in his system due to a strong outgoing current lol.

PDR open as of 4:00pm today, see you soon

Theres a few down here Matt that are talking about going to the cape so there will be a stampeed up the highway now.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Theres a few down here Matt that are talking about going to the cape so there will be a stampeed up the highway now.
    This caravan park filled this week ,can’t take another van and the amount in the camping area is unreal . The streets are full of travellers in all sorts of stuff heading up ,it’s going to be a busy season . Matt

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    This caravan park filled this week ,can’t take another van and the amount in the camping area is unreal . The streets are full of travellers in all sorts of stuff heading up ,it’s going to be a busy season . Matt

I like Chris words of the "stampede up the highway"...haha..It really is true though, isnt it..

The missus was just reading about a van park in the Kimberlies that has been receiving hundreds of calls and emails and had to set up a website to take bookings because they just dont have the time to answer everyone..
    They said to make sure and have a back up plan because a lot of people will just miss out on getting a site..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I like Chris words of the "stampede up the highway"...haha..It really is true though, isnt it..

The missus was just reading about a van park in the Kimberlies that has been receiving hundreds of calls and emails and had to set up a website to take bookings because they just dont have the time to answer everyone..
    They said to make sure and have a back up plan because a lot of people will just miss out on getting a site..
    Same here and yes it’s a stampede, people and campers everywhere at the moment