Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cooktown fishing

Re: Cooktown fishing

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    4WD's have carpet?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yep this one does, the carpets not the problem but the under felt was soaked , almost dry now and have gone out for dinner and will finish drying it tomorrow with a little help from the sun as well .
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Lol, sorry Bluefin. Was being fececious. Hope you get some dry weather to sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    Lol, sorry Bluefin. Was being fececious. Hope you get some dry weather to sort it.

No probs mate we’ve had some good weather but after this lot the wind will be here and we will head up to lakefied for some Barra fishing apparently,unless we happen to get a nice day and it’s off shore but who knows I just follow boss he’s clued up . Matt

I can't talk....in my younger years all the tow vehicles were bland F250s, LandCruisers, Ford Mavericks ( who remembers them?).
    When I get my own boat many years later, I used an Xtrail and a Cherokee...fully carpeted with all the gizmos.
    My Colorado ute now tho - no carpet and no gizmos.
    Handy when the dog shat in the passenger footwell....

Looking at the 10 day synoptic charts it seems like the winter barrage of constant high pressure systems is coming into play and we should see the nasty SE trade winds blowing their tits off for the next 4 or 5 months....

and well I have to admit I left the passenger side window down a couple of inchs during the rain as well....
    the seat got wet as well as the floor....there is a bit of mould and possibly some fungi starting to grow in the Pajero now...
    at least my dogs have never shat there...thats never going to be pleasant...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Looking at the 10 day synoptic charts it seems like the winter barrage of constant high pressure systems is coming into play and we should see the nasty SE trade winds blowing their tits off for the next 4 or 5 months....

and well I have to admit I left the passenger side window down a couple of inchs during the rain as well....
    the seat got wet as well as the floor....there is a bit of mould and possibly some fungi starting to grow in the Pajero now...
    at least my dogs have never shat there...thats never going to be pleasant...
    Yeah that’s what we see maybe a small window opening soon for another offshore trip but yeah wind is on the way ,talk up this way is lake field is going to open later rather than sooner we’re trying to plan a trip before the onslaught

Yeah well lets hope for a few little weather windows ...

Where are you guys planning on fishing up there in Lakefield, Matt..?..you reckon its going to be pretty busy up that way this year..?

Noted the The Croc Tent had 70mm rain today, bringing the April total to 414mm. It usually gets 200mm ( about ).

Currently pissing down at Somerset and the close to shore waters turning red...............

I'll keep in touch about Lakefield, but will be passing by there about 16th May

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Yeah well lets hope for a few little weather windows ...

Where are you guys planning on fishing up there in Lakefield, Matt..?..you reckon its going to be pretty busy up that way this year..?
    I’m not sure mate I just follow and listen to what the locals I’m hanging with say , when the bloke that owns the park says where going I’m running hahahah . I know you have to book camp grounds and people do it way ahead so as far as I’m concerned whatever I leave it in paddy’s hands

Cooktown fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Noted the The Croc Tent had 70mm rain today, bringing the April total to 414mm. It usually gets 200mm ( about ).

Currently pissing down at Somerset and the close to shore waters turning red...............

I'll keep in touch about Lakefield, but will be passing by there about 16th May

LP
    Should be good then Phill ,I heard the jardine river ferry started today and had tourists way up the road waiting to cross . Got a bloke here in the park waiting to head up to Weipa , he dose the tours up in Weipa just waiting to get his permit to go and it’s on . Enjoy your trip and get a few mate .Matt

Cooktown fishing

This sunk after breaking its mooring in Cooktown it’s sunk Near the waterpark ,a new FAD I guess

Looks like a mackerel boat that's a shame a lot of work to get back fishing again they wont leave it long in the water they will want it gone with fuel on board.

Aren't you enjoying the wet season Matt it will be gone soon just in time for the wind lol the coconut trees are not bent for no reason the persistent SE trade wind dose that.

Has there been less rain the last couple of years you have been up there.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Looks like a mackerel boat that's a shame a lot of work to get back fishing again they wont leave it long in the water they will want it gone with fuel on board.

Aren't you enjoying the wet season Matt it will be gone soon just in time for the wind lol the coconut trees are not bent for no reason the persistent SE trade wind dose that.

Has there been less rain the last couple of years you have been up there.
    Diesel is leaking everywhere MSQ came up today and put floating bunds around it but it’s everywhere , don’t know how they will get it out a barge I guess .captain has been done for being under the influence of drugs

They can sink 44gal drums and tie them to the boat and pump air back in or big float bags they only got to get it up enough to get a pump in the engine room,diesel is not as bad as other stuff it will get eaten up by bacteria i cant see it affecting the system up there with the amount of water flow out of the Endeavor river.

Ausfish Bronze Member Stressless's Avatar

Boats regularly sink up here, normally through neglect, and/or faulty bilge pumps.

Trinity Inlet Cairns used to have hundreds of them, though MSQ have started removing them, at the owners expense, IF, they can be located.

Unfortunately at the demise of great marine and fish holding habitat