Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The site Ignore function

Re: The site Ignore function

Quote Originally Posted by frank100 View Post
    stevej, Ke ? methinks you have the wrong Frank.
    Frank
    seems I have sorry bout that

The site Ignore function

FFS if you get messages on your phone, tablet or computer from businesses or someone you are no interested in, do you go as far as opening them and reading them. No, you just delete. Do the same here and do not read the content that gets you upset or annoys you. Just delete, take no notice of the content. Eventually the sender will get sick and tired of sending as he no longer gets a bite.

If you do not like the persons on-line comments hit he ignore switch. If the poster suddenly becomes personal in the open forum (obviously you will not see it), I would hope that some other member had the decency to report him/her and or the mod’s would pick it up and actually do something about it.

Now let’s all shake hands, have a drink and get back to what we are here for.

Just my opinion and beliefs

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Tis my thoughts that my Noggin holds the ignore feature rather than a need fer a button wouldnt that be more feasable??.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronje1 View Post

Notice how quickly the trolls have gone quiet?
    Not sure if I'm on the list but if I am, sorry for the wait getting back to you. It was a weekend so I went fishing!

I got zero feedback from you about targeting barra this weekend so I gave it a miss and went to the islands instead. Still happy to give your system a shot if your willing to put a proper recommendation on the line.

It has been bought to my attention that some may think I'm the source of the above PMs. For those playing at home I don't do PM. Yes Ronnie is full of pseudo science nonsense and no he doesn't like to be questioned but that doesn't mean I'm going to bother to send him a PM. That is what the discussion part of the board is supposed to be about.

Personally I think this dumpster fire of a thread should be deleted.

Matt
    Last edited by shortthenlong; 08-02-2021 at 04:24 PM. Reason: the vs this

Who are the trolls?

anyone who disagrees or has an alternate view.

I'm not trying to stir up the trolls or others with this post.

Some of the comments above are made though without knowledge of many of the facts but there's some good advice included above as well.

However, I did all of those things including the ignore button for 12 months. Just got worse and worse with more of the trolls joining in.

Attached is a copy of what happened in the lead-up to the posting of that thread about the ignore function and the eventual public bunfight. (read from the top down time-wise).

I tried to avoid having that happen by going about things in the right way as recommended to admin without success.

In the end, I simply responded with what I've been receiving for 12 months and which was apparently acceptable to admin (by the eventual answer).

Most of the comments and advice that I put up on here were in fact moderator Phill's.

The attached will show why I eventually took matters into my own hands and started to "pull these guys on".

To put it very simply, I took them on because admin didn't.

Phill's words are included in the attachment. I suggested that he put those words up for members to see.

Make of it what you will.

Forum.pdf

How many trolls are really on this site ?

I wouldn't call anyone who actively participates on this web site as a troll . Sometimes there are people that you just don't see eye to eye with for a raft of reasons ....... & yes some people can be real dickheads .
    Every now & then a grenade gets thrown into the mix ..... that's the nature of forums - personally the last thing I want to see is a mutual admiration site ...... they become pretty boring .
    Just remember any time you put something up ....... you are in the game (so to speak) - If you cant handle it ....... best to move on because one thing will stand very true - If you play the victim card , you will earn the ire of those on a site .

That's my thoughts on it

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

This is not acceptable behaviour especially after I asked you not to send me any of your rubbish ,your continuing rants are dead set not helpful and not what a majority of ausfish members come here for .
    Over the years we have all had disagreements as to what has been posted and had some truely fiery discussions but NEVER and I will say it again NEVER seen the unrelenting bull dust that the likes have you have put up with threats and meaningless messages that only aggravate the situation , the Moderators on this site have allowed open discussion ever since I first started and have handed out warnings a number of times WHEN NEEDED but obviously you being a moron wouldn’t understand that . You can’t even do the simple things right , like push the ignore button or not send PMs .
    The only PMs I have recieved over the years have been from people on here that I would consider decent REAL fishermen and boating people who have a GENUINE love of fishing and boating, your sending threats to people you don’t know is appalling and at least I don’t hide behind any fake profile I have put myself out their and shown what’s possible as far as fishing and boating goes . Pull your head in and stop stirring the pot by sending people this sort of shit . Matt XX
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Yep agree 100% (almost) we have all had "fights" over the years, politics, boats, outboards, 2 strokes, 4 strokes, all sorts of stuff, argue/debate whatever you call it, but just don't get too personal, don't take offence, just move on from the topic if it gets too hot for you, simple.
    edit...this was in response to Nagg, but another post got caught between them.

I call anybody who sets out with the intention to disrupt or disturb a conversation/s a troll. The real term for their activity is harassment. There's a forum condition about no harassment.

They're on here hiding in plain sight. A couple of them above. Invariably they suddenly become victims when challenged.

Phill failed to challenge them so I did.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Over the years we have all had disagreements as to what has been posted and had some truely fiery discussions but NEVER and I will say it again NEVER seen the unrelenting bull dust that the likes have you have put up with threats and meaningless. Pull your head in and stop stirring the pot by sending people this sort of shit . Matt XX

Weren't around for or can't remember Kerry / Satnav then?
    Pretty much identical agenda.
    I actually was convinced for a while that it was one and the same.
    I find it all quite amusing but there's probably a medical diagnosis for such a disorder.

Sent from my CPH1715 using Ausfish mobile app

Some more facts that took place behind the scenes that members might like to consider.

Its no good complaining about a problem unless you have a solution to offer.

re: Forum 1St Feb

Thanks, Phill.

Paucity of time is a universal problem, I guess.

Like any illness, treating a symptom does not address the underlying chronic problem.

In this case, the underlying chronic problem is one of harassment by a small group of these guys and its not confined to any particular thread.

Sure, the barramundi thread has revealed a lot of interest from members (over 40,000 views in 12 months). Run its course as a thread? Probably.

But simply locking it as a way to respond to another problem doesn't solve anything at all. Address that underlying problem or it will simply break out again. Guarantee that.

There is widespread underlying member unhappiness about the activities of these guys.

"If I am alerted to an issue, it should be copied and pasted and make it known what page of what thread, so I can head directly to it"

That does not seem to sit well with this:

"I also do not read every thread, even the ones I get a pm or email about".

Harassment is not a one-off event. It's a pattern of activity undertaken with the intention to disrupt or disturb. Therefore it can be a time consumer to look into especially if conducted by several people with common

purpose.

Do you see value in this suggestion:

. draw a line under historical instances; and

. put up a short general post inviting members to remind themselves of the forum rules regarding harassment.

I'm happy to to keep an eye on the activities of these "usual suspects" and (should they continue) catalogue and send it to you to look at without saying anything to anybody. The activities of this group are a chronic problem.

It would simply be helping you behind the scenes to keep things running as smoothly as possible.

Phill, in my working life one of my tasks was to investigate allegations of harassment and prosecute where proved.

I know the differences between a bit of banter, a dummy-spit, a hissy-fit and genuine harassment.

What do you reckon?

And what did he reckon? Nothing, zip, no response, no answer.

You know the rest.

Now think about where the real catalyst of the bunfight might be found.

Just leave Ronje, nobody wants you here.