Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The site Ignore function

Re: The site Ignore function

I guess in a twisted kind of way, a hostile PM is different to a public post, it's kind of a step closer to "face to face" doesn't make it right, but kind of personalises an expression rather than just a public rant? I don't know why anyone has to get all up tight about a persons view/belief/experience, just human nature I suppose.

Well if it was a PM, then it's not really a matter for ignore, is it ?
    Have the moderators deal with it.
    It could be said you should not be posting PM content in the forum.
    Anyway, explains why I haven't seen an issue here.

Cheers

I guess a PM can be posted, there's no names and the PM is your own "private message" so you can do what you like with it?

Ok seems like this post was just an excuse to air the pms, most know the block function exists
    if you followed your own advice you never would have received them in the first place

there’s a difference between “trolling” and correcting outright rubbish sprouted by some
    also if someone is so thin skinned they can’t handle debate start a personal blog if you don’t want any feedback or Alternate views that’ may get you so upset you have to delete your posts.

So site harrassment is OK as long as its not public? Is that the message?

Have the moderators deal with it.

Look back 2 posts

Spoke to Phil
    (he's the moderator) the other day about maybe slowing some of these guys down a bit so that members might get a clear go at subjects that interest them.
    The use of the ignore function came up as a first step.

Hence this thread about the ignore function.

It could be said you should not be posting PM content in the forum.

Who could be saying that? As Noelm said, there are no identifiers on it and its MY message so I can do what I like with it. These guys started doing it (with identifiers) but that's ok?

I think that you're missing the inherent message that these sorts of activities are conveying. The fact that this stuff is going on shows the site standard which personal interaction has reached. Its currently at the facebook standard of anything goes.

In the (slightly modified) words of Edmund Burke of 251 years ago, "the only thing necessary for bad things to triumph is for good people to do nothing."

Its easy to do nothing or to look for and promote reasons NOT to do something.

Use the ignore function.

Thanks Ronje very informative. Maybe it’s because I’m using my mobile I still can’t seem to find it. Not that I need to use at this point in time. I can access the menu via top right hand corner of my screen but it doesn’t have settings. Closest I can find is profile and it’s not in there

Exactly the reason why Ronje1 is on my ignore list.
    Jack.

Ok seems like this post was just an excuse to air the pms

No Steve. It wasn't. I didn't air the un-identified contents until the 11th post and that was simply to demonstrate the Jekyll and Hyde mentality of the sender. One of the trolls. Also to show that these things were not simply about a difference of opinion or minor things as some were suggesting.

I'm not thin-skinned nor dislike debate or feedback. Happy to indulge in that.

Simply taking some action in an effort to slow these guys down a bit.

Notice how quickly the trolls have gone quiet?

They're now happy to sit back and listen to any bunfight that might develop.

I've had my say and am happy to leave it at that.

im not sure who the trolls are and dont care tbh

no ones a saint in response to your interactions here from whats been posted

in the end its not your site and if the owner is happy or indifferent to the content and your gaining no value just move on to another or start your own, save yourself the grief.

There’s been way too much of this childish BS lately. It’s like watching a bunch of hormonal teenage girls bitch and moan. Stick the boating and fishing or bugger off somewhere else.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

The site Ignore function

Quote Originally Posted by Ronje1 View Post
    Ok seems like this post was just an excuse to air the pms

No Steve. It wasn't. I didn't air the un-identified contents until the 11th post and that was simply to demonstrate the Jekyll and Hyde mentality of the sender. One of the trolls. Also to show that these things were not simply about a difference of opinion or minor things as some were suggesting.

I'm not thin-skinned nor dislike debate or feedback. Happy to indulge in that.

Simply taking some action in an effort to slow these guys down a bit.

Notice how quickly the trolls have gone quiet?

They're now happy to sit back and listen to any bunfight that might develop.

I've had my say and am happy to leave it at that.
    What do you send to him initially and after to stir the pot in the first place , seems to me your the problem and don’t send me any of your crap . Just stop it , you blokes claiming to be victims are actually the problem .
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Starting to see why a few of the genuine contributors of this forum have left lately. Once again the minority hold power.....Such a bloody shame to open this page to see crap like this...FMD, ignore option? It’s a forum on fishing and boating? Who even thinks about starting a thread like this? I’m out.
    Matilda

Holy Crap Batman, if I wanted to be ignored I would just stay home ! Just get on with the subject at hand and ignore or should I say disregard the rest. Name calling just makes things worse.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frank100 View Post
    Holy Crap Batman, if I wanted to be ignored I would just stay home ! Just get on with the subject at hand and ignore or should I say disregard the rest. Name calling just makes things worse.
    Frank

nimrod frank ?
    how’s the tinnie you converted ?

stevej, Ke ? methinks you have the wrong Frank.
    Frank