Thread: Quick help needed, cannot release my Tilt Support Bar on my E-Tec, cannot lower now.

Quick help needed, cannot release my Tilt Support Bar on my E-Tec, cannot lower now.

As per above, even with engine fully tilted up, it cannot be moved to either side, it feels firmly stuck, unless I am doing something wrong, but on it, it just says to move left or right, with engine up, I cannot move it either way all of a sudden. Am I meant to pull it out first?

Here is a picture of it, but even with engine fully tilted up I cannot dislodged this Tilt Support Bar.

It is an 05 50hp E-tec. Not sure if I am meant to pull out to move left or right, but manual just says once engine is tilted up to just disengage the lever, move it to either side. :-( Meant to be going fishing tomorrow.

UN6TLXOl.jpg

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Quick help needed, cannot release my Tilt Support Bar on my E-Tec, cannot lower n

looks like its been a long time since that moved.flood it with wd or any penetrine type mix.may need a bit of heat also.tap tap

Re: Quick help needed, cannot release my Tilt Support Bar on my E-Tec, cannot lower n

Needs some spray help if free up from the looks of it??. Same as my E-Tec .

The shaft goes through a nylon bush, the bush gets corrosion on the OUTSIDE between it & the bracket which squeezes the bush making it tight on the shaft.
    Same deal as the bush & pin at the top of the tilt ram on the PTT models.
    Lube, lube, lube or pull it apart and fix it.

Gobby i actually threw in the rubbish 2 side cowling and a top cowling in mint condition off a 130hp etec because no one wanted them

As for your broken cowling mounts just get a plastic welder to weld a new lug onto the cowlings than u shape it with a file than drill the holes

Dont give up on the etec if its a runnibg engine