Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunshine Coast Yesterday

Re: Sunshine Coast Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMaster View Post
    Orr yer , And don’t drop them into plastic Or cheapo alloy rod holders . They won’t be strong enough, you’ll probably loose the lot overboard on the first big fish.Sorry can’t comment one those attachment , I’ll bet they are made from 1.5mm cheapo tube , mine are 3mm pipe . A 7 foot rod loaded up with 24 kg line puts a fair bit of leverage on the butt end .
    Photo shows trolling rod holder dropped into a 30deg rod holder.
    yeah thanks for that and also the advice..my rodholders are alloy tubes welded into the gunnel and grinded off smooth on top..I'll have to have a play and see if they are strong enough...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Hi guys, Beastmaster if I'm hijacking the thread let me know ..

But now that I have seen those rod holders I really want a pair of them..

I see these 2 options ....any thoughts as you guys have actually got some real world experience with them and I
    Do you think there is any real advantage in the ones which are adjustable..?..worth a couple hundred bucks extra..

Adjustable one....https://www.wellsystackle.com.au/_pr...068-1653-.aspx

Fixed one....https://www.wellsystackle.com.au/_pr...068-1476-.aspx
    disorderly mate get the adjustable ones. They are fantastic for a range of different fishing options. I originally got a pair for trolling in my corners but now take them in the creek boat also. Gives you basically every option available for rod angle and height. Not cheap but wouldn’t be without them now.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    disorderly mate get the adjustable ones. They are fantastic for a range of different fishing options. I originally got a pair for trolling in my corners but now take them in the creek boat also. Gives you basically every option available for rod angle and height. Not cheap but wouldn’t be without them now.
    Lovey do you have the Reelax ones or another brand..?