Thread: Free Fuel!! I'll pay for fuel in exchange for boating experience.

Free Fuel!! I'll pay for fuel in exchange for boating experience.

Hi Guys,

I'm buying a boat at the end of this year. Likely a Cruise Craft or Haines. Family boat & fishing for use mainly in Moreton Bay and surrounds.

I plan on familiarising myself as much as possible not only with the area but boat ramps, radio calls, navigation, maintenance and practical knowledge of use of GPS, plotters, sounders etc.

So, in order to do this I'd like to get out there with as many people who are willing and able to share their knowledge & boat!

Very keen fisherman with gear, and happy to buy gear. I'm willing to cover fuel costs for any time on board at all & will be happy to help with anything else needed - launching, cleaning etc - the more exposure and understanding the better. Business owner that can be flexible with days & times, early starts are good for me!

I have owned a few small boats here and there, tinny, centre console etc. but there's nothing quite like local knowledge!

Based in Brisbane & happy to travel.

Cheers,

Cam.
    Last edited by camfishing; 10-01-2021 at 01:16 PM. Reason: title edit

Re: Free Fuel!! I'll pay for fuel in exchange for boating experience.

Ok. So that didn't work... I have since bought a 2018 Yellowfin 6500. Decided on the plate boat over glass as it offers a few more practicalities.

Anyway, the offer still remains, but now swapping knowledge for a day out on my boat.

If you're keen for a fish and most importantly know your way around the bay/boats etc. Please get in touch.

Cheers,

Cam

Ausfish Silver Member

good luck with your new boat mate, grab one of these,helps when in new waters.
    https://www.chartandmapshop.com.au/q...yABEgJVafD_BwE

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

G’day Cam,
    Congrats on the new tub mate. I’m heading out on Monday (early) in my tub launching from either Beachmere (home port) or Spinnakers marina at Bribie island heading over to Moreton island and weather permitting, out to Deep Tempest reef. It’s a fair run but you’re welcome to tag along in your tub.
    Matilda

Cheers! Can't do this Monday, please keep me updated when you're out next and I'll hopefully see you out there.