Thread: Tacklebacks

Tacklebacks

Tacklebacks, the ones that you have on a venetion style cord and run down your line to free a lure off submerged timber.
    Just interested if anyone still uses these down NSW way. I saved a heap of lures when I used to fish the dams with them. But one day a few years ago someone broke into my shed and decided they wanted all my lures and gear more than I did. Lures now replaced but even now, I went to BCF who advertise them on the net, only to find they only stock them in shops from Rockhampton and north! So I bought one online but wonder if there is something else us southerners use now to get lures back or are we just getting conned to lose em and buy more! Was always a bonus after high water levels and a then a drought to find lures hanging off trees with a few feet of stressed out leader!
    This was my last lure retriever at Glenbawn after my Tackleback loss. Got to earn your keep :-)

Muz

image.jpg

Re: Tacklebacks

Wouldn't go out to my local dam without one, saved me heaps of dollar's

I'd love to find another strikeback tackle retriever.....
    Jack.

I recall seeing them online but i cant picture it right now, i use to think of those for squid fishing when squid jigs use to cost $26-$35 each jig and i would loose 9ne the first night and be kicking my self all the way home swearing

https://ondeckby.dinga.com.au/lure-retrievers/

Personally for North Queensland the people I am fishing with like to use a pole retriever but the chain ones work ok as well .Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    https://ondeckby.dinga.com.au/lure-retrievers/

Personally for North Queensland the people I am fishing with like to use a pole retriever but the chain ones work ok as well .Matt
    Have used both the chains and pig tails. With the pig tails we used to seal the handles with some pressure pack polyurethane to make them float in case they went overboard.

Had both (piggy tail on flexible pole & tackleback) - found that the pole one was much better getting my lures that were thrown in the trees

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

They're also real handy for getting out jacks that have run into a snag.

The pole ones are good for getting lures out of trees as well from the boat
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......