Thread: Cape Moreton tomorrow 19/12/2020

Cape Moreton tomorrow 19/12/2020

Gday guys, we are heading for the cape tomorrow looking for clean blue water and fast fish. Will be on VHF 21 with call sign “One Piece”. Leaving Caloundra about 4.30am, to hit the cape about 5.30am hopefully.
    Has anybody been recently? What is the water like with these northerlies? Many fish around?

If we can’t find any good water, we will head nor east looking for a barcod or two.

Will be listening and expecting to see quite a few boats out there on the forecast.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Cape Moreton tomorrow 19/12/2020

Good luck mate. I’m heading out there Monday and Tuesday weather permitting. Living on the bay, there is a lot of debris from the recent storms that’s been washing up on the beach so stay safe.
    Matilda

Thanks Ducks, yeh will keep an eye out, cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Cape Moreton tomorrow 19/12/2020

Gday guys, quick report. Bit of a wave on the Caloundra bar but no issue. Lines in at 5.00am at the dog leg, trolled to Hutchies in all green water. Went a couple of runs there for nil. Headed south, past the cape for nil. Headed wider with still green water everywhere and no flying fish to be seen. Nothing wider so back to a 20m shoal just north of the cape. 8.00am in 20m zzzzzzz, nice black I am guessing at 60kg+, too big to lift in so let go boat side. Reset lures, next pass in 21m, rigger band broken without turning the reel but 5 seconds later, long corner screaming, black jumping and gone. A couple more passes for nil and the coral spawn was closing in from the north.
    Lines in and home.
    Back at Caloundra 11.00amIMG_3108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile appIMG_3107.jpg

Top effort.
    Marlin in 20m, would never have thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk