Thread: In NZ, need cheap boat for summer/autumn, BUccanneer 450, has a soft cabin floor?

In NZ, need cheap boat for summer/autumn, BUccanneer 450, has a soft cabin floor?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/b...0?bof=aCY8TQyY

Was waiting for a 445 but none popped up. Anyway, this is one of NZs more common brands.

But the little floor section in the cabin has a soft floor, I can tell it has no stringer, but feels like the glass has gone soft and it has water under the glass trapped. Unlike the main body which has a bung, also the cabin itself has a bung system so any water in the cabin can flow through the boat and out the back, but not this section, see pic with circled area. He left it outside during a heavy rainfall and now all electronics except the engine will not work, the stereo, lights, gps/FF etc. Could it just be a blown fuse? All 3 switches will not turn the associated gear on. Is a nice boat otherwise, just needs a bit of love. $9500 but very negotiable.

water area.jpg

So under the circled swab, is a step down, that step/floor is bendy, if I hit it I can hear water in there. The bung hole for this area is above the step if that makes sense. Hard to explain, but the water is under the step/glass floor.

Should I check it again for fuses, if so which ones? the glass floor in the cabin shouldnt be hard to replace or just pull it out and seal the area bung. Boat has a 70 litre under floor tank which looks in good nick, 2x25litre totes. Its a 2008 Merc 90hp all electrics, the electric hydraulic pump cannister is rusting away so also needs replacing. Engine got dunked on prior boat, so had a full rebuild. The top has no signs of rust etc under the cowling.

Great boat, just not in great nick, needs some love.

Would you make an offer like $6k on the spot and do it up, or would you get a marine tech out to look it over first?

Re: In NZ, need cheap boat for summer/autumn, BUccanneer 450, has a soft cabin floor?

Re: In NZ, need cheap boat for summer/autumn, BUccanneer 450, has a soft cabin floor?

You must be ahigh roller to punt on that buccanner 450 its quiet a older design but not vintage, the soft seat is ok but that soft floor inside the cabin will need major work, usually on half cabin boats the timber up around and inside the cabin sections are ok its tge rear open half that rots so seeing the cabin half is rotted that hull may need an intire rebuild

NZD$9500 is about AUD$8500 for that kind of money... zip up your pocket and keep walking it may be worth $3500 max

Rotted timber in aboat cost a fortune to repair

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    NZD$9500 is about AUD$8500 for that kind of money... zip up your pocket and keep walking it may be worth $3500 max

Rotted timber in aboat cost a fortune to repair
    Yip my thoughts, is only that tiny section up front that is soft, it is sectioned off from rest of underfloor, but fact it has water in it means it needs work. Looks good on net. But never mind. Prices here are over cooked, 445s go for $14k with a 2010 4 stroke. I might go Ally or plastic if cant find the right boat soon.